Chapter Twenty-Five

❝Disney (pronounced ˈdɪzniː or diz-nee), noun
Walt(er E.) 1901–66, U.S. creator and producer of animated cartoons, motion pictures, etc.❞

"We're here!" said Robin. "I can't wait to meet Snow White!"

"Are you kidding? I'm here to meet Mickey Mouse," said Phoenix, searching the crowd.

"Stay close, kids, we'll meet everyone eventually," said Hunter with a smile.

"Ma, can we meet Peter Pan?" asked Elle excitedly.

"Spence, who do you want to meet?"

"I wanna meet Ariel," he said shyly.

"Alright. But first, rides! Where do we wanna go?"

All of the kids ran towards the biggest rides and roller coasters first, and Hunter bought Spencer an ice cream so he wasn't unhappy. He was too young for most of the rides, but was having a spectacular time watching them anyway. Besides, even though he would never admit it, he was a bit scared of the heights of the rides. He didn't like heights.

"Everything alright, Spence?" asked Ryan, checking on him quickly. "Nothing's hurting, right?"

"No, Mama."

"Don't worry so much, darling, we're on holiday!" said Hunter, wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her cheek. "So, what's the plan for this evening?"

"The beach by the hotel. The kids wanted to go before we have dinner."

"That sounds good."

"Mmm," he sighed, kissing her temple. "You look amazing today."

"Thank you, darling. So do you."

"Mama!" said Spencer excitedly, before pointing. "Mama, look!"

Ariel was walking down the laneway they were in, wearing a big pink dress and with red hair that reminded Hunter of Lilly's somewhat. Spencer bounced up and down excitedly in his stroller. "Ariel!" he called to her. "Ariel, hi!"

She looked over and smiled, walking up to Spencer and kneeling down in front of him. "Hey! What's your name, little guy?"

"I'm Spence," he said, smiling widely. "You're Ariel."

"Yes, I am. You're very sweet, aren't you?"

"Yeah!" He looked earnest. "Is it hard to learn how to walk?"

Her smile faded. "To walk?"

"Yeah. I forgot how to walk."

She looked up at Hunter and Ryan. Ryan said softly, "There was an accident. He's in the middle of learning to walk again."

"Is he getting there?" she asked.

"Slowly," Hunter said.

"May I...?" she asked, reaching out to his hands, and Ryan nodded. He was able to walk, just not for long periods of time and not by himself.

Spencer grabbed ahold of her, and she helped him out of his seat. "Alright, Spence," she said, "It's not easy, but I believe in you. Do you know what it takes?"

He shook his head, and she smiled. "You need a little bit of magic," she said softly.

His eyes widened. "Magic?" he said in a hushed voice.

"I believe in you," she said. "And this whole place is so full of magic everywhere. I've seen it with my own eyes. It's magic! Just try it!"

"How do I use the magic?" he asked.