36.This House is A Circus

A/N: So this chapter and the other ones of the studio are divided up into multiple smaller parts. They're little vignettes  based off of the pictures from the CD booklet as well as pieces from the videos that were released before the album. The next chapter will not be in the same format but the one following it will be. Other than that I just wanted to say how much it means to me that you all continue to support this story even when I do weird things with chapters like this one. waking up in the morning and dealing with depression is hard. Coming home at the end of the day and working on this gives me something rewarding to do that I feel good about. Hope you like it. Let me know what you think. As always I LOVE ALL OF YOU :B <3 

 It takes a couple of days of playing around with ideas of songs before a direction starts to come to any of the tracks. It builds slowly starting mostly with Aviation. It was the first song that Alex and Miles had begun to work on and thus was the furthest along in terms of being complete. They had already taken the time to write the bass line with Zach while they were in LA. James had heard the song on numerous occasions and already had ideas as far as what they would do with the drums. By the end of the second day, they had a rough demo of the song which Owen had begun to work on the arrangement for.

" I like the drum tones we've got on that version," Alex tells Miles later in the afternoon. They'd all decided to take a break and go down to the beach for a while. " I think we might want to consider using them on the final version." He takes a sip of his beer while Idly drawing spirals in the sand with his fingers.

"I'd like to re-track them on their own," James speaks up. " It would be more beneficial for mixing purposes if we had the tracks more isolated without the bleed from the guitars. It will come out better on the final product."

"But the most technically sound decisions aren't the ones that always come out the best." Miles pointed out.

"Miles has a point, James." Alex smiled. " The way it is right now has a certain sense of warmth to it. I feel like we should trust instinct on this one."

"It's not as if we have to get rid of the drums we have if we re-record. We can always do both, then we have the option when we go back to start mixing the final product." James argued. " We can't just decide that we like the way something sounds and depend on that alone. There has to be a clean track to give us options. What if you listen to it again in two weeks when we have all the guitars polished up and isolated and decide that those drum takes sound like shit?" James asked.

"Always better to be safe then sorry, give yourself the choice to go back later and decided if you want to stick with the scratch track or the clean one," Zach interjected.

"See, he understands! He's a studio musician!" James said.

" But I do agree with Miles and Alex. The drums have a certain spirit to them with the demo version. Whatever you were channeling James it was spot on."

"I guess I should take that as a compliment." James laughed.

"OWEN, YOU WANT TO COME WEIGH IN ON THIS?" Alex shouted over to Owen who was a few yards away trying to hide as best he could under a beach umbrella. They had managed to coax him into coming down to the beach during the day which was an accomplishment in and of itself. Getting him out into the sun, on the other hand, was much harder no matter how much sunscreen he had on.

" No, no I'm alright here," Owen called back.

"You're not a Vampire Owen, a little sunshine isn't going to hurt you!" Miles insisted.

"I'm a pasty Canadian! We burn Immediately upon contract with direct sunlight. Five minutes out there and I would be a lobster!" Owen insisted.