22. The Dream Synopsis

A\N: So this is just sort of a cute little bonus chapter to thank all of you who have helped to get this story to 5K reads. It doesn't really tie into the story much until the very end of the chapter. I just wanted to say thank you SO MUCH to all of you reading this and showing your support! I love all of you and I hope you enjoy this little break. Let me know what you think ;)

 Later in the evening, Miles was laying on the couch, staring up at the ceiling, a half-smoked cigarette between his lips. He was alone in the apartment. Alex had taken Matt to drop him at the airport a little over an hour or so ago, it would still be at least another hour before he returned home. Miles found recently he was quite bored in the time that Alex wasn't around. He'd spent plenty of years living alone and always found ways to entertain himself when Alex wasn't around. He had other friendships ( not that he still doesn't but not many of them live in LA) He had bandmates or girlfriends. If none of them were around he'd go out to bars or clubs to find new company for himself. Miles had always been an exceptionally social creature, making him and Alex opposites like the moon and sun.

If he wasn't out partying or in the company of a pretty woman he would usually find himself writing songs, listening to records, talking on the phone with Alex or other companions that weren't in his direct area, generally he would find himself a way to keep busy. Now here in LA he didn't feel the motivation to go out. Didn't know the places to go yet, nor did he fancy the idea of going by himself to an unfamiliar club. He'd rather go out with Alex. He didn't really have any bandmate to knock around with at the moment just Alex which also made him less inclined to work on songs without him. Every new record he  that he wanted to put on he wanted to show to Alex rather than just listen to it alone. Maybe on another day he'd go to the record store a few blocks away and pick out some new things but it was too late for that now, they would more than likely have already shut their doors for the night.

It was a strange thought. He'd gotten on with his life for four years without Alex but now he seemed to have become a permanent fixture more than ever before. Miles felt it when Alex wasn't around, he left a certain sort of emptiness. He doesn't think that it's got anything to do with being dependent on him. He isn't. If he wanted to Miles could go out, he could go over to Zach's or hang out with James. Hell if he wanted to he could hit up an old girlfriend of his who lived in the city. He just felt no motivation to at this age partying like he used to lost it's luster unless he had someone to share it with. Honestly, he would rather just wait for Alex to get home than listen to records and fuck on the floor when they found the right groove.

" What are you doing to me Turner..." he sighed, speaking as if Alex could actually hear him. He took another drag of his cigarette, wondering if this was healthy behavior. He couldn't really see a problem with it, the thing he did see a problem with was the idea of Alex leaving him. That he wouldn't be able to take. What if Alex did still Marry Cat? What if he went on to live the family life? What would Miles do then? Would he move back to London? Or stay in LA close to him? Would he really be able to go through with being Alex's best man? Alex was his best friend above anything else, he would do anything to make him happy even if that meant making himself miserable just because that's who he is.

As he loses himself in thought he starts to nod off into a deep sleep, laying on the couch.

Miles finds himself in a dark room, only dimly lit by camera flashes and a splash of warm incandescent light towards the front. The room is crawling with people, packed wall to wall but to his surprise he's able to move in and out of them with ease as if they're not actually there. The people are all cheering but he can't tell for what. He's seeing their actions but all sound  other than his own footsteps seems to have been muted out.

As he Makes his way through the seemingly endless sea of people he finds that the room is starting to look more and more familiar. He's been here before, but he can't remember why. "'scuse me, Mate, where are we right now?" He asks a boy standing not too far away from him. The stranger doesn't respond, on the contrary, he evaporates. The rest of the crowd also slowly starts disappearing from around him as if they were only ghosts, to begin with. As they start to clear away he's finally able to see what they've all been looking at and is shocked to be face to face with his younger self as well as Alex. Now he knows EXACTLY where he is. He's in Williamsburg Brooklyn at Sound Fix. This was the very first puppets gig they have ever done and now he was living it as a spectator.