A new friend part 3

"Argh!" I groaned, rubbing my temples, as I stumble in the tiny kitchen "I hate hangovers!" I stated with despise as I grabbed the warm mug of delicious coffee that Danny offered me, flashing him a grateful small smile which was the only good thing I could offer at the moment "What the hell happened yesterday?".

"You don't remember?" he questioned me, I think I heard a dark undertone in his question but shrug it off as a creation of my mind.

"No, the last thing I recall is going out with you guys and having fun as we celebrated our victory against Gerard" I replied, this time I was able to notice the dark look Danny was wearing and how he tensed when I mentioned the hunter. Connecting the dots afterwards was quite easy "I got drunk and confessed what Gerard almost did to me, didn't I?" he barely nodded, containing his anger as best as he could "So much for secrecy" I chuckled humourlessly.

"You shouldn't have kept this a secret!" he exclaimed angrily "I thought you trusted me enough to tell me this stuff, I see I was wrong".

"It has nothing to do with not trusting you Danny" I told him calmly, one of us had to be the sensible during this conversation and right now I couldn't be my animal partner.

"Then what is it about?! And why did you tell Jackson?! I thought you hated the guy!" he accused me, this time making me angry.

"Don't you ever dare to say I hate a member of my pack, my family Danny" I warned him, eyes flashing violet for my anger. However, I batted it away when I noticed the effect I was having in my animal partner. The last thing I needed was to scare him away "Sorry".

"No, I am sorry mistress" I winced a bit when he called me that but I deserved it so I didn't comment "I am just... worried. You are my witch Stiles and my only wish is to protect you and serve you right" he confessed softly, making my heart ache at how small he looked doing so "I loathe not being able to be your confident, I loathe that I am not able to protect you, I loathe..." I pounced on him cut him off with a bear hug "Mistress?".

"I love you Danny, you are my animal partner and best friend that will never change" I told him softly, never breaking out hug "We are one and the same and will always be" I loosened the hug a bit so I could get a look at his face "I didn't tell you because I needed you focus on the mission, which was get information not torture Gerard. And Jackson knew about it because of his time as Gerard's kanima pet" when he calmed down a bit at my words I knew it was safe enough to let him go "Better?".

"Yeah" he answered "But I still think we left that bastard off the hook faster than he deserves" his comment made me chuckle, I was relieved that things were alright between us once again.

"I guess we did, but it was Jackson's decision. We don't have to accept it, but we need to respect it" I said, well... kind of ordered really.

"Thanks for the support Stilinski" sassed me Jackson, who I didn't notice entering our, Danny's and mine, motel room.

"You are getting very good with your abilities" I commented, making him preen in pride. I almost laughed at how much in tone he was with his wolf, he was practically glowing because of his alpha's praise "Much better than any of the other wolves in Derek's pack, they are always fighting their wolves. On the other hand, you accept him easily as if he has always been there".

"Because he was" he replied "I think that my inner wolf is kind of like my conscious, he has always been nagging me at the back of my head. The only difference now is that he has more power and materialized".

"School doesn't make you justice, they all say that you are a normal muscular dumb jock that only knows to play lacrosse and nothing else" I said "If they only knew how smart you really are?".