Revelations part 1

"My mother she... she was raped, repeatedly by the same man. A man she thought she could trust" he confessed to me, when I finally had calmed down. I took a sharp breath at his horrible words "He was a warlock and the master of my mother. We animal partners chose a witch or warlock to serve to, but when we do we will have to follow their every order" even though he was speaking to me, I knew that his mind was somewhere else, maybe in his memories "When a warlock or witch and an animal partner have bonded, it can only be broken by death and even then the ramaining one will feel as if there was something missing. The relationship is not like a master/slave one, both of the parties are the same but one obeys the other one. That doesn't make any sense, does it?".

"It does" I replied, not liking his humorless chuckle. Danny shouldn't be so sad or angry, he should always be always smiling "A witch and an animal partner share a mind and soul, don't they? They are like platonic soul mates".

"Indeed" he said with pride in his eyes. As if he was proud of... knowing me? "That is a clave word Stiles: platonic. That man didn't understood that, he wanted more but my mother didn't. When she accepted being bonded to that warlock she never thought he would order her to sleep with him. A romantic relationship between a warlock or witch and their animal partner is frown upon in our society. Not that I care too much about those labels, is like being gay in the human society. As long as both parties want to... but mom didn't want to" he shook his head, a painful expression on his face.

That moment was when I decided to give him comfort and cradled his head on my chest, like my mother did all the time when I felt sad, and caressed his hair softly as I murmured sweet nonsense in his ear. When he had calmed down I spoke:

"I am a witch, aren't I? And my mom was one as well".

"Yes" he answered me "You don't have the slightest idea of how happy I was to meet you, Stiles. The linage of your mother is pretty famous among us, everyone wants to meet you but at the same time are afraid of angering you scared of the punishment that they will receive".

"Wow! Witches really must be powerful?" I commented impressed but then a dreadful thought bumped into my mind "Wait Danny, you know that I would never hurt anyone that doesn't deserve it, don't you?" I asked him concerned that he would think otherwise.

"Of course I know! Please believe me!" he exclaimed, desperate for me to know that he trusted me.

"Ok, ok relax dude" I said trying to calm him down, impressed by how much I might mean to him "I believe you".

"Good... and it is not any witch" he told me "With practice all can be strong but your bloodline is especial. There are different kinds of mages Stiles, each one of them has a gift and the powerful ones have two. However, there is a kind of them called the old ones their blood comes from the original witches, this kind has three gifts. You and your mother are from that kind".

"I have three gifts?" I repeated his words, it all sounded so weird.

Mom and I are that powerful? I would say impossible if I haven't seen stranger things. But why did she never mention it to me? What was she so afraid of that involving me was a big no no? I bombard myself with questions and totally felt pity for those that had to hear me all day long.

"Yes, you do" he replied "That is why I was so excited to meet you. An animal partner that serves such a powerful witch is envied by all of us. But that wasn't what attracted me to you" he confessed to me lowering his eyes when I gazed towards him.

"Never lower your gaze Danny" I told him strictly "I might be a witch and you an animal partner but for me you are a friend, an equal, not someone lower than me".