Chapter 4

It's been 2 weeks since I found out I was pregnant. I had already brought quite a few basic items like baby grows for him or her. I had long got up and was sat in the front room waiting for my mum to finish getting ready so we could leave to get my ALevel results. I was so nervous for this day, I had worked my absolute butt off for my ALevels as they were significantly harder than my GCSE'S. I only had 4 subjects this time, but they all mattered equally to me. Finally my mum was ready and we began the shortish drive to school, although it felt much longer today. When we got to school, we walked through to the hall and all the envelopes were spread out across a table in alphabetical order. I went to the end and found my envelope. I picked it up and me and my mum found a small area where no one was. She got her phone out and started recording. I ripped open the envelope, and two pieces of paper came out. I read the first one and then flicked over to the other side of the page.

Media: A
English language: A
Philosophy and Ethics: B
Biology: B

My jaw completely dropped. I never thought i would get this good. I hugged my mum and then Olivia and Jade came over with their parents.
"What did you get!" Jade asked excitedly
"2 A's and 2 B's!" I said still gob-smacked.
"Omg well done!" They said simultaneously.
"What about you guys?" I asked.
"1 B, 2 C's and an A" Jade replied proudly
"What about you liv?" I enquired as she was stood rather awkwardly and quietly.
"1 B, 3 C's" she said.
"Omg Olivia, that's amazing!" I said giving her a hug

We carried on talking for a while with them and then sharing the news with our teachers. Me and my mum headed home and when we got home Jordan was there, probably playing football with Jack. About 20 minutes after we got in, Jordan came in. I only wanted my mum to come with me incase I did bad and they would be disappointed in me. Jordan kissed my forehead and sat next to me. We had a doctors appointment in an hour for the baby so I quickly went upstairs and freshened myself up. We left and Jordan drove to the doctors that was across the other side of town. We arrived and walked through to the front desk where I said my name and they double checked my appointment. Finally after about 15 minutes later we were called through. We sat down and greeted the doctor and then she began asking simple questions like what signs have you shown, and I explained things like morning sickness, being more tired and skipping 2 periods. She ran all sorts of tests like blood pressure, urine samples and things like that. We had to wait in the waiting room for a further 15 minutes to double check the results.
We were called back in again and she began speaking.
"Okay so the tests have confirmed you are indeed pregnant" Jordan squeezed my hand and I smiled to myself.
"Although, you are actually further along than you thought. You are currently 16 weeks pregnant which means you conceived way before you thought you did!"
"That's crazy! Thankyou so much doctor!" Me and Jordan left the room and made our way over to reception to make an appointment for our first ultrasound next week. We could also find out the gender which was so exciting as we both wanted to! This was all so surreal!