"Probably not, but we don't know for sure till your actually dying." He looked confused as I pulled out a small vile with Klaus' blood.

"Klaus' blood, also known as the cure." I threw the lid off the vile as I pressed it against Damon's lips.

Damon looked into my eyes, as he closed his lips against the vile, and drank down the small amount of blood.

I smiled as I pulled back the covers and watched as the wound began to heal on the back of Damon's arm and back.

Damon slowly sat up, trying to take a look at his back.

"It's working." He muttered, as he smiled. That smile on his face was worth everything I have sacrifised.

I put my wrist against Damon's lips, but he denied it. He moved my hand away, as he lent towards my neck. He kissed my neck before I felt his fangs pierce into my skin. I flinched at the pain, but then the pain was turned into a feeling of pleasure.

Damon retracted his fangs from my skin all too soon. I groaned and pouted, making Damon chuckle.

He leaned back and laid down. I took a moment to admire his perfectly sculpted chest, before I laid my head on it.

"So I'm not dying?" Damon asked.

"No, and you have me to thank for that."

"Thank you." Damon said.

I lifted my head from his chest, so I was face to face with him. "That's all I get?" I asked, aware of my pouting lips.

Damon smirked, before he grabbed my bottom lips with his teeth.

He let go of my lips, looking into my eyes. Slowly, I leaned back down and captured his lips in mine.

~*~

"What'd you mean when you said that you came to say goodbye for a different reason?" Damon asked later on as we lay in his bed.

We were comfortably chatting, until he brought up that topic.

"I-I.." I stuttered, not knowing how to answer, but also was aware that the time Klaus had given me was running out.

Damon sat up on the bed, moving me off of his chest and on to the pillow.

"Kayla?" He asked.

I closed my eyes and sighed, not knowing how to say goodbye.

Klaus meant it when he said I may be stuck with him forever, or at least for years. I knew that when I left Mystic Falls I wouldn't be back for a long time.

Everything I knew of would change and from this moment on, nothing will ever be the same. Once I reveal everything to Damon, I'll be gone. Forever.

I opened my eyes, when I felt myself being lifted onto Damon's lap.

I rested my head on his chest, while he kissed my head and buried his face in my hair.

I wish I could freeze time, and be stuck in this moment forever.

"What's wrong?" I heard Damon's worried voice ask as he cupped my face in his hands and wiped away my tears.

I sniffled realizing the tears were back. I had cried three times on my way here wondering how I can work up the courage to leave Damon.

My heart was asking me to be a little selfish, and make Damon fight for me. Make all my friends fight Klaus to keep me alive.

My heart was also telling me to go with Klaus and protect my friends and the guy I love.