Lost

(I did a double update today, so make sure to read the one before this first!)

Also, thanks to both of these amazing and beautiful readers and commenters!! <3

InfiniteDeathxx ---
"Heck yeah awesome present!! Also Kayla thnx for not destroying everything over having to open presents!!! Anyhoodles amazing chappie as always Miss!!!!"

impossible14 ---
"Finalllyyyy!!!! Awesome chappie!! Cant wait to see wht happens next! Like willl klaus show up at the party???? Or sumthin along the lines!! ;)"

Kayla POV

I don't know whats worst, having to say goodbye, or leaving without one.

If you say goodbye and face the person, you have to see the hurt. You have to confess something, tell them how you feel, because this might be the last time you see them. You have to actually walk away from them, despite the hurt that's present on their face and yours.

On the other hand if you just leave, you don't have to worry about any of that. You just leave, and nothing will be stopping you or holding you back. You don't have to see the hurt, just walk and don't look back. Except, this way, you'll never get a goodbye.

After Damon took me on a long bike ride, and then we returned home, we just drank a little bit, and ate some cake. We talked, and then we knew the time was here when the sun was going down. Then we just waited in silent, until we heard a knock. That was our sign.

At that everyone's eyes got a bit teary as I looked around the room. I first hugged Elena. We didn't say anything, then Jeremy, then Tyler, and then Matt. After that I hugged Bonnie, one tear betraying me as it slipped down my cheek.

"May our witchy-ness keep us close." I muttered, making Bonnie laugh a little as she wiped away her betraying tears.

I then moved on to Caroline, hugging her tight. Throughout my time in Mystic Falls, I had to say I had gotten closest to Caroline. She kept my secrets and told me everyone elses.

"Promise to pick me up a dress?" I asked her pulling away.

"What do you mean? We'll go together." She said, wiping away tears. "You'll survive this."

As much as I wanted to believe that, I couldn't. I felt like today will be the last. What if Klaus knows how to actually break the curse? Klaus is always prepared, and today I'm going to die, as much as I hate to admit it.

I then hugged Stefan, more tears leaking from my eyes, as I quickly wipe them away.

"I'm gonna miss you." I muttered.

"We'll be right there with you. we'll find the clearing and we'll be there for you. Tyler will leave with Caroline so he can shift, but Damon, Bonnie and I will be there." He said, with teary eyes. "You'll make it through, you always do."

With that being said, none of us said goodbye for good, and I didn't just leave. I grabbed Damon's hand, as he led me out of the house, and to the edge of the road, where Klaus told us to be.

I turned to Damon and crashed into his chest, my hands finding there way around his torso. An endless streak of tear leaked from my eyes, and got soaked up into his shirt. He hugged me back, and we stood their just like that for a few moments enjoying each others presence.

After a few moments, I pulled back and put my hands on his shoulders, as he put his around my waist.

"Promise me you won't do anything reckless." I demanded staring into his eyes, trying to capture every aspect of beauty that lay in them.

"I can't." He said shaking his head, as tears welled in his eyes.

I moved my hands to his cheeks, and stood up on my toes, and pressed my lips on his for two short seconds, trying to remember the taste of his lips, that I loved yet resisted for so long.

"I don't know what can kill me, but if Klaus gets this right, I might die. If you interfere, he might do something and kill me anyways, and I'll have no chance to survive." I told him. "I want to be back to spend more time with you. Promise me, you'll keep yourself safe and alive."

"I can't." Damon muttered. "I can't make you a promise that I know I'll break."

"Please Damon." I pled.

"Please stay." He begged. "Please." A tear escaped his eyes, as it rolled down his cheek.

"Time to go." Klaus said from behind me with a smirk, as I turned in Damon's grip to see him.

Damon gripped my hands as I turned back. So much pain held in his eyes, it was almost unbearable to look.

"Turn around and count to five." I told him as I pecked his lips once more, my lips lingering longer than they should and at that moment I knew how much I liked-- scratch that, loved Damon and how much I always will. I regret not giving in and spending the days and nights in Damon's arms.

I made a silent promise to myself, that even if I die today, I'll always watch over him.

As Damon turned around, I felt a stinging pain in my neck, before blackness was everywhere.

~*~

My back felt sore from sleeping on a hard surface, and I had the worst dream one could possibly have. Suddenly, I felt heat around me, an beads of sweat rolled from my hairline down my neck.

Groaning, I opened my eyes, engulfed with bright red flames around me. My head felt dizzy, trying to remember what had happened, and then all of a sudden all the memories came at once.

For a second I thought I had died, and gone to the other side, but it wouldn't be as painful as it is now.

Standing up I looked around trying to see where I was, but all I could see was the red flames flying high around me, and little patches of burnt grass where I stood.

The flames began to get lower till they were about my height and I could see Klaus, standing their a smug grin of victory covering his face.

"Klaus." I spat venemously.

"Kayla!" He said chearily. "You have awoken."

"Yeah douchebag." I said, pushing my hair out of my face. "Now mind telling witchy over there to get rid of the flames. I won't run."

"How do I know that for sure?" He asked eyebrows raised.

"You don't. But the difference between me and you is actually quiet large. I care for my family, my friends, my loved ones, while you--you just thirst for power." I said laughing as his body shook in anger. "I wouldn't put them in any danger."

"Watch it doggie. It's a full moon, you don't want to turn now do you?" I asked, as I continued to anger him. He growled, and I laughed harder.

"Face it Klaus. You have no one. You compel other beings to stay. Any other sane person making their own decisions would've leave without a second though. It's what your family has done to you right?" I smirked as I took upon his angry face. "You may have power Klaus, but you'll never have love."

"And you won't have a life in a few minutes." Klaus growled walking over to the witch.

I looked around to see that beside were innocent beings, standing in the same state as me. One particular girl was on the floor shivering, despite the fire that surrounded us. She was so fragile and tiny, how could Klaus hurt people so much.

I clutched at the necklace Damon had given me in my hands. It hung high on my neck, and it had almost became a security blanket. I never took it off. The necklace Bonnie had given me also hung on my neck but more losely, the locket reaching below my chest. I felt as if her necklace gave me a surge of confidents, as I stood where I might die.

"Look who's here." Klaus mused looking into the distance to see that Damon, Stefan and Bonnie all stood on a small hill, not far from us. Caroline was with Tyler since it was a full moon, and the rest where human.

"Are you here to offer yourselves as sacrifise?" Klaus asked, a smirk in his face.

I hissed, catching all of their attention. "You already have sacrifises."

"But I could always replace them." Klaus said.

I tried to engulf him in flames using my powers, but something was restricting me, and only a few flames landed on Klaus' sleeve which he easily put out.

He smirked. "Don't worry, I don't want to use spoiled goods for my sacrifises."

I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion as I turned to Damon, Stefan and Bonnie.

Bonnie and Stefan were glaring at Klaus, and Damon was looking elsewhere avoiding eye contact.

I couldn't dwell on the matter for long as Klaus spoke, "It's time."

~*~

Authors Note

Did you guys like it?

I'm well aware that my updates are not as fast, or as long as they use to be, perhaps even not as interesting, but I'm trying.

School work, and family stuff really distracts me from writing, and I have to put School and family first.

I'm very sorry, for that.

I appreciate you guys waiting, voting and commenting, so keep doing so!

Love you guys!!

-Tabby