Road trip

Kayla POV

I sat on my bed with my laptop on my lap. I typed away, replying to random people I met online. It's not like I'd meet them, and its not private chat either. It's twitter.

In the last few days, I have gotten closer to Damon. I'm not the only one who has noticed, everyone has. We spend way too much time together, and we're picking up on each others bad habits. Even back in New York, or when I stayed with him for a couple of months, we weren't this close.

I kinda like hanging out with him too. I get this odd feeling in my stomach, and sometimes I want to find ways to always have a connection with him. Most of the time, it's just us being us. We play pranks, set things on fire, and drink and erase people.

Stefan, Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie secretly took bets about who I'll hook up with. Bonnie and Stefan are betting on me just hooking up with some random at a bar, while Caroline and Elena think that Damon and I are going to hook up. Stefan can be such a girl sometimes. I don't even think I was meant to hear, I just kinda was in the basement drinking blood, when I climbed up the steps. The basement door was close to the kitchen, and that's where they met their little bet.

"Hey Kay, what you up to?" Damon asked as he walked into to my room....without knocking, might I add.

He plopped down on the bed by me, peering at my laptop screen.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I asked, getting back to replying on random tweets. No life.

"It's not like you'd kick all this sexy-ness out of your room." Damon cockily answered, picking up the rubix cube from my side table and fidgeting around with it.

"How does the grill sound?" Damon asked, turning the almost finished cube in his hand. I leaned in trying to get a better look. I looked up just as Damon did. I breathed out, noticing how close we were. I noticed things about Damon that I never did before. His hair was slightly brown, but almost black. His eyes, were strange, yet beautiful.

"C-can't. I have sexy suds car wash." I answered, breaking out of my trance, as I casually leaned back away from him.

"Girls in bikinis.... you in a bikini, I wouldn't miss it for the world." Damon said, a flirty tone to his voice. I swear Damon is so deep into this flirty, bad, playboy character, that he flirts without knowing.

I glare at him. "Shut it. Not like you haven't seen me. We went swimming a couple of times. We even went to the beach once."

"That was different. You'll be working this time." He said with a smirk. "All those girls working hard to get my car squeaky clean. It's like a dream." Damon dramatically sighs, and then laughs when I slap him on the chest.

He got off the bed, tossing a finished rubix cube on the bed, as he walked to the door. He opened the door, then turned towards me, smirking, winking and then he disappeared, leaving an echoing laugh behind.

~*~

I wore my turquoise bikini with blue faded short shorts. Caroline had roped me into this. If it was up to me, I'd show up in a nice pair of sweats. Thanks to Caroline, I have to deal with disgusting old men, that will not so subtly stare.

"No discounts or freebies. We are not running a charity here!" I heard Caroline yell.

"Caroline, one more car!" I shouted.

I finished my car and headed to Damon's car, which just pulled in.

"Really Damon?" I asked. I didn't think he'd actually show up, and to be honest I was annoyed and slightly tired.

"Yep. I said I was going to come didn't I?" He said. I groaned. He eyed me up and down as if he saw something he liked.

"Damon, I know I'm gorgeous, but stop staring." I sighed as I turned towards some of the volunteers who were just standing around. "One car here guys." Matt came over to help.