A Tale

"Love does that Damon, it changes you." Lexi, The Vampire Diaries ~*~

"Where're you going?" Damon asks coming down the stairs.

"For a walk." I said as inconspicuously as possible.

He crinkled up his eyebrows for a few seconds before smiling and nodding. "Okay. Have fun..." Said Damon with a hint of hurt, and curiosity.

I opened up the door clutching the paper tight in my hands. As I stepped outside, I could feel the cool afternoon air hit my skin, as I pulled my jacket closer to me. On instinct, I scanned the forestry around me, making sure all was clear. I listened in inside the house to make sure no one was following me. Surely enough Stefan and Elena are doing some PG-13 stuff Stefan told me never to talk about, and Damon was pacing. I felt bad leaving him hanging and worried like that, but I really needed to go and with him there it just won't happen.

Scanning the forest one more time, I took off into the forest. I was going as fast as I could, but only to make anyone following me lose my trail. I skillfully dodged the trees and rocks, while I maneuvered my way through the forest. After about five minutes of running around, I stopped near an abandoned rode, following along the side. I walked at human speed knowing I still had time, at least according to the limit that I was given. The wind picked up after another five minutes and the once clear sky, was a dark shade of grey.

~*~

As I got closer, I made sure my mind shield was tight and any gaping holes were covered. Then I checked my outer shield. Making sure all things around me were secure, I continued walking forwards. I made sure a small, unnoticeable flame was lit on my fingers ready for an attack. Gradually I walked into the clearing with all the confidence I could gather up.

"Elijah." I greeted.

He turned around with his hands in the pockets of his dress pants. If I'd have said, he didn't look handsome in a suit, I'd be lying. "Makayla." He greeted politely with a light head nod. "It's nice to see you've made it."

"Why wouldn't I have come?" I asked my eyebrows raised.

"Well, for one, I thought you'd be scared, but clearly I'm underestimating you."

"That, you are." I said. "Now do tell the tale of why you want me."

"I'm sure you've heard of how we were created?" He asked.

We still had a great amount of distance between us. "I've heard some but not all." I said.

He gestured towards a bench, "Take a seat, shall we?"

I nodded my head and followed pursuit behind me, sitting on the bench leaving a good amount of distance between us.

~*~

After his surprisingly not long speech about how they became vampires, which only happened because he gave me minor details, which I already knew. "Wow... that was very detailed." I said sarcastically.

"I try." He said with a grin of his own. I like him, I decided.

"So you going to tell me where I fit into all this?" I ask.

"You are part of a curse." He stated.

"Excuse me?" I asked wide eyed and slightly offended. If it was anything like Elena's curse, I already considered myself dead. After all I can only protect one, her or me, and for Stefan's sake I choose her.

"And the curse Elena thinks she is in is not real."

"What?" I growled standing up.

"Elena is actually in a curse that involves my brother Klaus." He said with guilt.