Chapter 1 - The werewolf without a pack

Hi everyone who is reading this it's my first time trying this out so I hope you all like it and please leave any advice, constructive criticism or anything you wish to see happen in the story. I hope you enjoy it :) To the side that what an Alphas eyes look like.

Hey, nice to meet you I’m David. I’mjust your typical teenage guy, dorky looking (Medium built, wild messy black hair, six foot four and a scar stretching diagonally down my right side of my chest), quick tempered and always thinking I’m right but with one major difference to normal guys. I’m an omega werewolf of the age seventeen. However, I have memories dating back to the first civil war and I only just found out that the African American president got reelected; yeah word from the outside get around slowly where I am.

You see things aren’t what they seem in this world, all the fantasy creatures you read about in books or watch in movies, well, they are real and most of them are dangerous and ready to kill and the first hint of a fight. However there are a few of us who can control our urges, that is, until our natural rival enters a scene; such as a vampire for us werewolves. However there is one thing above all others that can truly scare a creature of the night and that is a hunter. They’re deadly manifestations of hell, part way between human and demon, spawned from who knows what creature. Every once in a while one of us kills one of them, that’s, when things get interesting, they adapt rapidly like they know what the one killed did wrong and how to improve to not make a mistake again. As if that wasn’t bad enough one of them specifically hunts werewolves like me, great! I’m a teenager who should be a pile of ash right now, but no I have to be a werewolf that can barely feel anything thanks to the many years alone. To top it all off I got a psycokiller like hunter after me who I think is a woman and is my natural elemental enemy.

 Life isn’t all bad though I have a friend that is quite interesting but a loner, it’s not her fault though ,you see it’s in her nature being a were panther, like a panther, she prefers to be by herself and only gets with other panthers to mate, when she is in her normal human form she is tall, has long blond hair, carries a pistol with silver bullets hustled under her arm like a detective and she usually has a smile on her face with an ‘out there’ personality. OHHHH and get this she can control shadows! Like me she has a special gift that makes her stand out above other creatures of the night. The thing is I may be gifted above that of my kind but I am still a lonely omega cause of it, don’t think its because I did something wrong to get pushed out of my pack, because the truth is I am alone by choice and every night when I get even a shimmer of sleep I see it happening before my eyes, the slaughtering of my brothers and sisters by that icy huntress. (I assume she is a female for the purpose that she has a bumped out chest) Packs usually stick together, but when a hunter is involved things can get complicated and no one wants to be on a hunter’s radar. They all assumed I was killed because I was found almost dead, due to a blow from a frozen blade the huntress manifested using her elemental control over ice. That’s the night I meet her though, the werepather, who called herself Kelly. She pulled me from the wreckage of the camp and as she did so I saw all my brothers and sisters lying dead on the ground or hanging midair with a huge icicle through their hearts. My entire family was slaughtered in one night. God made this world in seven days…mine got ripped away from me within seven minutes by a creature from hell that I will take my revenge on with no restraint what so ever. On that accursed night she made the biggest mistake ever…she awakened the beast inside of me that will never stop until it crunches her bones in its mouth, that night, she made me stronger and more deadly than ever.

 You see there’s one thing you need to know about a Pack, when you kill them all make sure that includes the Alpha, the one that holds the true strength, because if you don’t and you kill all his pack, then all their strength is transferred to the Alpha. I’m not just an Omega…I’m an Alpha Omega which I just made up because I’m someone or something who can make others Betas, but I choose not to because I can’t stand to lose them again. Don’t get me wrong I lost Betas before but not on a scale ranging at all my pack, you see Betas do die naturally from old age and that’s probably when they’re around five hundred years old. You see they begin to get older over time but very, very slowly however when you’re an Alpha your immortal from the moment you become Alpha or until the Alpha reaches the human age looking of seventeen. For some reason being an Alpha makes a huge difference to how you age and how powerful you are. Your stronger when you’re an Alpha as every single one of your abilities are given a boost.  Just don’t think that werewolves have all killer abilities…well we do but we can also heal others sicknesses, injuries, cancers and whatever is wrong with a person via touch but it hurts us a lot and leaves us weakened for a certain period of time depending on how much they needed to be healed. When we heal others our veins stick out and they turn black along with our eyes. (Our whole eye goes black even the white section of the eye)

I’ll tell you more about my past later right now I am experiencing something…unnatural. I am feeling…nervous, anxious and downright scared. It’s...worse than a hunter…even a huntress…It’s a girl! Not just any girl though! This one’s name is Taylor! And she is a wonder. I have been not exactly staring cause I have been blinking but observing her for the last month, listening in on her family conversations and her out loud thinking when she thinks no one hears but I do; don’t get me wrong I don’t recommend that you listen in on people’s private conversations cause that’s wrong but I have no choice as I don’t even know what teenagers like talking about and I forget most of my past, specifically my childhood and years before the light. Now even with all the heightened senses, I couldn’t think of one thing better to do but listen to a teenage girl I could never actually talk to. Just think a powerful werewolf with the added strength of 20 Betas and I can’t even speak to one girl.  

You’re so pathetic!” screams the inner wolf (Most people have consciousness that talks to them and tells them what’s right and what’s wrong but NO! not me I have a wolf that yells at me and orders me around most the time. Ya gotta love the universe though he’s voice isn’t even that gentle; I’m immortal and I get to live out my life with a cranky voice) “What? I’m just gaining some knowledge of her before I talk to her.” “The only thing you’re doing is wasting time and giving Alphas a bad name, besides there’s a beta over there watching her to and for much longer than you” “How do you know that?” “How I always know it’s an external sense and it’s also my guess he’s about to attack” “How could you possibly have a sense like thaaaa WHAT?!?! ATTACK!” “Yes attack!” Then all of a sudden he pounces a brownish grey werewolf in third stage transformation (‘Large wolf’ mostly found in the high classes of a pack in total there are four stages, they are taller than the average human probably the size of a large bear but its size does not make it any less fast or weak and there teeth are razor sharp to the point they could easily sink into any normal skin) he is running full speed and is powerful; to a human he would look like a blur but this girl sees him coming strangely enough, and it hits me…I can smell it off of her beautiful body, it’s the smell of pure fear.