seven

"Did you guys hear about the fire at one of my dad's real estate properties last night?" Brooke asked Audrey, Emma and Amy

Amy kept her head down, trying to avoid any evidence of it being her - she knew she wasn't good at hiding things.

"Yeah, I did actually. I was trying to call you last night at the time of the fire, Amy, but you weren't answering." Emma said to Amy, who kept her head down. "Amy?"

Her head snapped up and she cleared her throat. "Yeah?"

"I tried to call you last night?"
Amy checked her phone for the first time this morning and saw that she had a missed call from Emma. "Oh, yeah. Sorry, I was busy."

"Busy?" Audrey repeated. "Doing what?"
"I was getting food with Eli." Amy told them.

"Eli?" Emma repeated. "Kieran's told me some stuff and we've talked a couple of times, he doesn't seem like a person you can trust. Where were you?"

"We were... at a restaurant." Amy answered quickly. "We got some chicken and wine, and we ate it... like you usually do with food."

Audrey cocked an eyebrow. "Amy, you're the worst liar."
"Amy, do you know about the girl who had a restraining order on Eli back in Atlanta?" Emma questioned.

Amy's eyes widened. "What?"
"Amy, just tell us the truth." Brooke said, sternly.

Amy paused for a moment before sighing. "Okay. Well, last night, Eli and I were at the house when it caught fire."

"What?!" Someone asked, making Amy spin around.
"Kieran!" Amy hissed. "Seriously?!"
"Eli needs to stay away from you, okay?" Emma said.

Kieran nodded. "He's no good for you. He's not a good guy."

Amy scoffed and got up. She looked at Brooke and Audrey, who had the same facial expressions as Emma and Kieran.

Amy shook her head. "No, you've got it all wrong. He is a good guy! You just haven't got to know him properly yet!"

The teenagers stood there in silence, staring at Amy. She folded her arms and scoffed, turning on her heel and walking out.

"Amy, wait!" She heard Audrey yell.
She turned around to see Audrey, Brooke and Emma there, Kieran was walking away in the opposite direction.

"We're sorry." Brooke said.
"Yeah, you know him the best, he's probably a good guy." Audrey said.
"He is a good guy." Amy shot at her.
Emma sighed. "We believe you. Let's just, please, not fight before the carnival."

"Yeah," Brooke smiled. "we've gotta be there for each-other; we are bestfriends, after all."

Amy paused for a moment before sighing. "Okay, fine. But I'm not gonna stop hanging out with Eli and none of you are gonna stop me - Kieran included."