three

"You know," Amy began as she handed Emma a cup of fresh coffee

"You know," Amy began as she handed Emma a cup of fresh coffee. "it's not as bad I thought working here. Apart from the fact there's hardly any shifts where we work together."
Emma chuckled and took a sip of her coffee. "I think you'll need to go to manager about that - it's unbelievable!" She teased.

"Hey," Eli said, almost making Amy and Emma jump.
"Uh, hi." Emma said.
"Have you been stood here this whole time?" Amy asked.
Eli nodded. "I guess you didn't see me."

Amy was already feeling awkward, and was thankful Emma spoke up. "Is that a job application?"
"Yep. Crying houses, hiring. Besides, it wouldn't completely suck working together," Eli turned to Amy. "right?"
Amy chuckled. "No, yeah! That would be awesome."

Emma then walked off to the coffee counter, Amy was guessing she was getting some sugar and mixing it with one of the thin wooden sticks - like she did every time she wasn't working.

Eli followed Emma, which somehow made Amy sad. She was used to Eli eyeing her and giving her the attention and now he was talking to Emma without even giving her a second look.

She sighed. She knew she was being stupid over a pathetic situation like this, but something inside of her felt something for him and although she found him weird, she liked it and wanted to know more about him.

"I hope you're coming to Kieran's." Eli said to Amy, snapping her out of her thoughts.
"Sorry?" She asked.
Eli smiled. "I didn't mean to snap you out of your daydream. But I said I hope you're coming to Kieran's."
"Kieran's what?"
"His party." Eli chuckled. "Emma's throwing a surprise party."

"Was that what you two were just talking about?" She asked, in which Eli nodded.
Amy smiled. "Sure. I guess I'll see you there. Let's hope you get the job."
Eli gave her a small nod. "Let's hope I do."

***

"Emma!" Amy shouted as she entered the house and immediately saw her best friend.
"Amy!" She shouted back, pulling her into a hug.

"You want a drink?" Gustavo asked with a smirk as he came up to the two. "Shots?"
Emma and Amy exchanged looks before nodding and each taking a shot glass. Stavo cheered as the girls downed it before walking off to serve more drinks.

"Hey, you came!" Amy heard Eli say.
She spun around and smiled as she was greeted by the blue-eyed boy.
"Hi-"
"Yo, Kieran alert coming up the driveway!" Audrey announced, cutting Amy off.

Eli laughed and grabbed her hand, making her drop her shot glass, which was luckily empty. "I've got the best hiding spot." He told her.
Amy didn't object as Eli lead her behind the curtains.
Amy chuckled. "This is your great hiding spot?" She asked as the lights went out.

Amy could feel his breath hitting her as he silently laughed. Although Amy couldn't completely see, Eli leaned in closer and whispered, "Best one in the house."
She grinned. "I'm not so sure."