five

"So," Eli began

"So," Eli began. "about our date." He said, emphasising the word date to tease her.
Amy raised an eyebrow and rested her chin in her hand. "Yes?"
"You want me to pick you up or-?"
"Actually, I'm getting a lift from Zoe. She said she likes to drive and since we're both part of the event, it would make sense. We're also picking up Brooke too."

Eli slowly nodded. "Will I meet you there, then?"
Amy smiled. "Indeed you will. You know, I've never really been a fan of carnival's but..."

Eli furrowed his brows. "Why's that?"
"Well, they're creepy and since there's most likely another murderer in town, it makes it twice as creepier."
Eli laughed before trailing off and staring at Emma, who was behind the bookshelf. "Hang on," He said.

Amy scoffed. "You're so nosy, you know that?"
Eli cracked a smile. "I prefer the term interested."

Amy sat there for while, watching Eli and Emma talk through the cracks of the bookshelves before sighing and pulling out her phone and scrolling through her Instagram feed.

Her attention was taken off her phone when she heard a policeman call out Emma's name. She looked up to see Sheriff Acosta, Kieran and another police officer who appeared to be called Dwayne.

Murmurs erupted from the students as they made their way towards Emma. "I hear you have something you want to show me."

Amy watched as Emma paused before pulling Jake's phone out from her bag and putting it in a plastic bag. Her eyes widened. Jake's phone?
"Follow us, please." The sheriff said sternly. Emma obeyed, giving Kieran a glare as she passed him.

"You ratted her out!" Eli hissed at him, making Amy stand up.
"What?!"
Kieran shook his head. "Shut up."
Amy stood there with her eyes narrowed at Kieran. Eli took hold of Amy's arm and pulled her back to their seats. "What the hell did Kieran do?"
Eli sighed. "He ratted Emma out to the police. He told them everything."
"About what?"
Eli rubbed the back of his neck and sighed a longer sigh. "Jake's phone was planted in Emma's bag pack."

Amy's eyes widened. She then nervously bit her lip groaned, brushing her hands through her hair. "This is ridiculous."
Her attention was snapped away from Eli when Emma walked back into the room.

She ignored Amy's question and strode straight over to Kieran, yelling at him for ratting her out to the police.
"Look," Eli began. "in times like this you need to be careful with who you trust."
Kieran scoffed. "What?!" He harshly hit his cousin's shoulder as he passed him before going behind the bookshelves.

"Hey!" Amy called back. He didn't answer. Instead, this caught the attention of the rest of the students, including Haley.