5: Masquerade Ball

Start from the beginning

"Hey bubby!" I smile and hug Noah.

"You look beautiful sis," He says as his eyes shine with happiness.

"Wheres your mask?" I ask curiously. He pulls a plain black mask out of his jacket pocket before putting it back.

I nod in understanding and excuse myself as another guest approaches my brother.

Walking slowly into the dining hall, I grab a glass of champagne from the adult table and look around at the hall.

It looks marvelous. A glass chandelier hangs in the middle above the circular dance floor. Round dinner tables surround the dance floor with gorgeous white flower bouquets and gold silverware. On the walls hangs gold and white fabric decor and a banner that says "Happy 16th Birthday Noah" in black and white script.

I spot my dad make his way into the middle of the dance floor with my mother by his side.

"If everyone could please take theirs seats at this time," He says loud and clearly. I make my way to my designated seat next to Landon and my brother Hudson.

"Lookin' good Ellie," Landon winks. I shake my head with an amused smile on my face. After a couple more minutes the room falls silent as everyone takes their seats.

"We would just like to thank everyone for coming here and helping us celebrate our son's birthday," My dad starts before handing the microphone to my mom. She looks over towards our table where Noah sits across from me.

"Noah, bubby," She smiles as the room erupts with laughter. Noah's cheeks tinge pink but his face breaks out into a smile. "We love you Noah, and wish you a very happy birthday. Here's to 16!" She raises her champagne glass in a toast as we all follow. The room chimes with glass clinking together.

"Let the celebration begin!" My dad cheers.

I down my champagne glass before digging into my dinner. After most of the guests finished their dinner, music begins to play.

"Care for a dance?" Noah asks with a smile.

"I would be honored birthday boy," I smile back and take his hand in mine. As we walk onto the already crowded dance floor, a familiar scent fills my nose. My eyes widen but I shake it off and begin to dance with Noah.

After dancing with Noah, my dad, Uncle Ryan, and Hudson, Landon cuts in.

"How's it going Ellie wellie?" He smiles.

"It's going great. Been dancing for what feels like years and my feet are about to break off in these heels," I groan and lean my head against his chest.

"Always so dramatic," He chuckles as we continue to sway to the music.

"How are you and Remi?" I ask softly. I can feel his heart start racing and a smile form on his face.

"We're great. I am planning on asking her to marry me soon."

My head shoots up as I stare at him with wide eyes. He smiles back and stares at me in amusement.

"Wow. I mean... wow. This is great! Congratulations!" I stammer and hug him tightly. He chuckles and squeezes me back.

"I haven't asked her yet so lets save the congrats for when she says yes," He smirks.

I roll my eyes but smile at him. My body stiffens as the scent returns full force. The urge to turn around grows but I glue myself to Landon.

"You okay Ellie?" Landon asks with a frown. I nod stiffly and continue to sway to the music.

"May I cut in?" A low voice says from behind me. I shiver at how close he is to me but force myself to stay forward.

"Oh yeah sure," Landon says and releases my hand and waist. My eyes widen as he steps away from me. He frowns but moves me to turn around.

I look down at my feet as a pair of hands grip my waist. I mentally curse myself as my insides turn into mush as his hands slowly trail up and down my waist.

"You look beautiful," He says softly. I slowly look up, my eyes taking in his sexy tuxedo and how it fits him perfectly. My eyes finally meet with his vibrant blue ones.

I shakily grab his hand and place my other hand on his broad shoulder. We begin to sway softly, our eyes never leaving each others.

I shouldn't be dancing with him. Greyson Banks is a monster. This can't happen between us.

"I'm sorry, I can't..." I whisper before releasing my grip on him and running out of the pack house. I stop abruptly before turning and running towards my house.

"Wait!" I hear his voice from behind me but I keep running. I see the lights from my house a few hundred yards in front of me but a hand wraps around my wrist.

"Let me go," I pant and try to shake my arm out of his strong grip.

"Why do you keep running away from me?"

The brokenness in his voice stops my struggling. My arm goes limp in his hold as I stare at my dress.

"Answer me!" His voice booms with power. I flinch slightly but continue to look down.

"I've heard the stories..." I say quietly, "I know that you are merciless. That you show no mercy to your foes and you kill people without a second thought." I say harshly and look into his eyes.

His eyes harden at my words and his jaw clenches.

"You don't know you are talking about."

"But you don't deny it," I retort.

"I kill murderers and thieves. I show my enemies no mercy because they chose their own fate," He says lowly. I clench my jaw and look away from him.

"I may sound cruel and heartless... but I know how to love. I can care and protect you. I just need a chance to show you," His voice growing quieter as his hand grazes my cheek.

I close my eyes and give in to his touch.

"What if you hurt me? What if I get hurt..." I whisper and open my eyes. The fear of being heartbroken and losing a part of my freedom is why I never looked for my mate. Of course I wanted a mate in the future but I like being young and free from anything.

His eyes soften as he continues to stroke my cheek.

"You won't. I promise," He whispers back.

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

"I sure as hell can try," He says with a ghost of a smile. I feel my lips tug into a smile as well as we stand there. Admiring each other.

My eyes fall onto Greyson's pink lips. It doesn't go unnoticed as his eyes cloud over with lust. He looks down at my lips and begins to lean in.

I lean up to meet his lips. Sparks erupt as our mouths begin to move in sync. My hands trail up his sides and into his hair as I tug him closer.

His hand stays firmly planted on the side of my neck and my hip, pulling me into him.

I pull away breathlessly and open my eyes. He leans his forehead against mine but keeps his eyes closed.

"I can't believe you're mine," He whispers to no one in particular. I smile and kiss the tip of his nose.

He hugs me close to him and nuzzles his nose into my neck and hair. I giggle softly and hold him to me.

I close my eyes and savor this moment.

***********************************
Yay another update! Sorry for the slow updates!! :( School and sports have been taking up a lot of my time :/

But I hope you enjoyed! Please vote and leave a comment!
<3M