00

one of the songs of this book is different animal by natalie taylor bless

//

kodie watched as the grounder fell to his knees. his hands were gripping the arrow that was shot deep in his chest, right next to his heart. as the brunette slowly approached the man she gripped his hair, making him look up at her. "weron lincoln kamp raun?"

"ai nou get in." the grounder answered.

"not the answer i was looking for." she mumbles before shoving her knife into his heart. he felt to the ground and kodie ripped the knife from his chest, wiping the blood on her pant covered thigh. she slipped the blade back at her hip and readied the bow she had managed to steal from a camp when the grounders were sleeping. she managed to make herself arrows and kept them in the pack on her back with the ones she had stolen also.

as she trudged through the woods she didn't care that she was snapping branches under her feet, causing noise. as she walked she kept her eyes and ears open, listening to her surroundings.

kodie had lost count of how many days she had been on her own. when she had woken up after falling asleep in the tree she went back to the camp and saw no one there. everyone was gone and the only thing that scattered the ground was ashes and bones. at that moment she knew one of those bodies was bellamy's and one was finn's. something in her snapped and now she would do anything to find lincoln and octavia. maybe clarke had guided everyone else to where they were originally supposed to head: towards the ocean in the east.

kodie's hair was wet due to the light rain shower that was currently happening and she walked with her jaw clenched, anger obviously built up inside her and she couldn't get it all out. no matter how many grounders she had killed through her journey.

she knew she had definitely broke her knuckle from punching a tree, but the pain had subsided and now she didn't care. she bandaged it up with some of the cloth she ripped off the bottom of her shirt and easily moved on from the injury. the pain had been replaced with this numbness that flowed throughout her whole body and now she was just numb.

blue eyes shot in every direction when she heard little noises, even if it was just the wind. sure, she still wasn't scared of dying, but now? now she was a survivor.

kika.

feeling so numb was actually good for kodie since she could rarely handle pain before; physically and mentally.

when night fall came she climbed into a tree to rest, waiting for morning before she continued to walk again.

//

y'alllllll this is a short intro but it explains a bit about kodie and the first chapter will be lit, so this is short for a reason cool bye