07

"I love you so much, Alex" Juvia said to him.

Alex's eyes widened in surprise. Juvia might be crying and he might be sleeping weakly at a room he had never been to but Juvia said 'I love you' and at the moment, that was everything. 

"I mean, I love you too," Alex confessed as he smiled happily. "What's the sudden confession the moment I wake up?"

Juvia let out a nervous laugh "The moment I realized," Juvia bit her lip "I just had to tell you" With this, Alex had a wide grin on his face. After all, it wasn't everyday your crush had a crush on you too. 

If perhaps Alex was a bit more meticulous then maybe he could've noticed her nervous laughter and the baggy eyes that Juvia gained after crying all night, but with a confession like that, Alex forgot all of it. 

Flashback  [9:08 PM]

"The patient....Has a swelling in the brain"  Juvia's eyes narrowed. "And not just any swelling," The doctor cleared his throat nervously. "It's a very complicated swelling" 

"The swelling is almost incurable, it's protected by magic, which isn't too surprising to hear since he contains magic himself, because he's a mage" 

"But the magic protecting the swelling isn't like any other magic particle in his body. It's suspected to be lost magic, currently undecipherable" 

"Life expectancy is six months at maximum and, " He sighed once again. "three at minimum" Juvia was now pursing her lips, in attempt to stop her tears but that wasn't working all too well. 

"Fiore Medical Hospital will be monitoring his health, they'll be funding it even due to the first time case and to the possibility of future mages gaining this disease, they'd like to use Alex as a subject on doing research" 

 Yes, using Alex as a test subject took Juvia aback but if it was for the sake of Alex and the future of the world, how could she refuse? 

Right before Juvia could think of ending the conversation the doctor said "It is highly recommended that the patient be unaware of his current state, especially his life expectancy. 

Flashback End

Juvia fought back her tears upon arriving back to her apartment. She had to lie about Alex being plain old sick but the hospital would just do monthly check ups on him just in case. 

"Juvia, I want to talk about it" Alex said upon plopping himself down on the bed. "about what?" Juvia went to the kitchen. "About us" 

It wasn't like Juvia had been avoiding the topic but in all honesty, what she did was fairly stupid. She shamefully shook her head upon remembering her confess her feelings for Alex the very moment he woke up.

It didn't seem romantic, just desperate. "Well then, shoot" Juvia said. "So what are we?" Alex said as his eyes wandered everywhere in the ceiling. 

"Two human individuals who happen to like each other" Juvia said in a matter of factly tone. "Then are you my girlfriend?"

"I would, if you asked me to be," Juvia blushed, joining Alex back in bed.

"and if I agreed to be" Juvia laid her head on Alex's chest.

"Then would you be my girlfriend, Juvia Lockser?" Juvia couldn't help but think all of this was too soon, and she was only in this situation because she was desperate for Alex to wake up.

'But if this wasn't the right time, when? Three months? The man is dying for Pete's sake!' Juvia thought.

Did she really love him? Or was that just on impulse? Juvia had no time to hesitate and said, "Of course, I'll be your girlfriend"

It was basically faking feelings, the only thing that didn't make this cliche was that Alex thought it was real and that Juvia was wavering on her feelings too.

"I love you" Alex said and in what Juvia believed to be an act of desperation, she said "I love you too"

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Short chap but I hope you like it. I've been super busy that I think I'm going to start updating once in two weeks. Tell me what you think.

Please Vote, comment, and follow.

Thankyou, seriously.