Three

Thank you so much for the attention that this book is getting! I love it soooooo much!

Of course, if you know me well, this book will be very dark.

Sorry.😂

Also, I will be using trigger warnings in every chapter if there is any. I won't be removing any warnings if I feel like they are needed because every trigger, no matter how small, should be tagged. Love you.:)

Enjoy the chapter!

WARNING: abuse, past abuse

Mitch couldn't speak.

His aunt walked over to him, striking fear in him. He could remember those eyes from anywhere.

Those cold brown eyes.

FLASHBACK

"MITCHELL, BRING YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!"

Mitch jumped, dropping his teddy bear in the process. He stood up, biting his nails nervously as he walked downstairs, his aunt's scary eyes glaring at him evilly. She had a belt in hand, making him whimper. She stomped upstairs, grabbing his little arm roughly, ignoring the sounds of pain while leading her nephew to the kitchen. There on the counter was a plate.

A dirty one to be more specific.

"What is wrong with this picture?" She asked Mitch, squeezing his arm more forcefully. Mitch let out a cry, tears rolling down his cheeks. "TELL ME!"

"I-I don't know," Mitch whimpered, trying to take himself out of his aunt's grip. "Please let me go."

"LOOK AT THE COUNTER!"

Mitch did as he was told, looking at the plate.  That was his plate from his lunch earlier. Kindergarten ended not too long ago and Mitch didn't have enough money to buy lunch (like every other day) and he had to ignore the pain in his tummy until he went home and made some German pancakes, a recipe his mommy made before she died.

He really missed her.

"WELL?!"

Mitch jumped, not knowing how to speak at the moment. He sobbed a bit, looking up at his aunt innocently.

"I-it's my lunch plate. I w-was hungry."

"SO YOU WERE LAZY ENOUGH TO FORGET ABOUT YOUR DIRTY PLAYE?! YOU ARE SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT! YOUR MOTHER SHOULD HAVE ABORTED YOU!"

With that said, Mitch's aunt threw him on the ground. Mitch yelled, his back in pain from the sudden movement. He watched as his aunt brought up the belt, crying loudly in hopes of someone hearing him.

"SHUT UP! COUNT THE HITS!"

Mitch widened his eyes. He didn't know how to count yet! He knew 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, but he didn't know anything else after that! This isn't fair!

The thin leather slapped him roughly, making him scream. He was sobbing harder now, whimpering out the first number.