"Ya why are we all here? And where is dad and everyone else? Actually, where is the birthday boy?!" Sterling asks with a questioning brow raised.

"Because this is a team effort! And your father's are absolutely useless in a situation like this so it is best to be left to the professionals," My mom huffs and continues to touch and mess with everything.

"Why dont we just ask Uncle Ryan? He's pretty good with planning parties?" Landon asks as he leans against the wall.

"Good idea, I'll go find him!" I say and rush out of the living room.

"Hey come here! You never said which idea you thought was better!" I hear the faint voice of my mom as I walk out of the house and towards the training field.

As I walk towards the training field I see lots of men and women outside. I immediately spot my dad, Ryan, and Blake in the middle of the field overseeing all of the pack members.

I lightly jog over to the middle, making sure not to run through anyones training session.

"Hey, uncle Ryan!" I yell and stop in front of the three men.

"Sup El," He says and ruffles my hair. I groan and punch his arm making him wince.

"Damn girl chill!" He whines. I roll my eyes but catch my dad glimpsing at me. Ignoring him, I turn my attention back to Uncle Ryan.

"Masquerade or Hawaiian?"

"Masquewhat or what? What is this for?" He asks with his brow raised.

"Noah's 16th birthday party. So, masquerade theme or hawaiian beach theme?" I breathe out as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Mmmm I would go for the Hawaiian theme, but since I'm sure your mom wont have alcoholic beverages there, I would stick with a masquerade ball with all that fancy schmancy shit," He nods with a grin.

"Cool, K thanks." I say and go to walk away.

"Ellie," My dad grabs my arm and turns me slowly towards him. I stare back at him with a blank face and my jaw firm. 

"What," I spit out.

"Did your mom talk to you yet about what I..."

"About you needing time to think about giving me away?" I cut him off.

He sighs and leads me towards the edge of the training field.

"I would never do that," He starts. I go to cut him off again but be places his hand over my mouth. "I told your mother this last night so I will tell you the same thing now. I told Alpha Holt that I needed time so that I could have time to think of a plan in case the Silver Falls pack attacks us."

I look at him with a confused frown and wait for him to continue.

"I would never just give my daughter away to some creep. I would rather risk making an enemy than putting the ones I love through hell. So no, I didn't say that so that I could have time to think of giving you away. I said it so that I could have time to plan."

He looks at me with a defeated face before pulling me into a hug.

"I'm sorry dad," I mumble into his chest.

"I'm sorry too Princess," He kisses the top of my head and releases his tight hold on me.

"Well I better head back to the party planning before mom comes out here looking for me," I sigh with a grin playing at my lips.

"Elaine!!!" I hear my moms voice coming towards me making my dad and me chuckle.

"See ya later Princess," He laughs and walks back over to Uncle Ryan and Blake.

"Bye dad!" I wave and then run over towards my mom as she searches through the training field for me.

"So?!" She asks with wide eyes.

"Masquerade with all the fancy schmancy shit," I quote Uncle Ryan.

"Oh yes! It's going to be amazing!" My mom gushes as we walk back to our house.

******************************
Sorry for the shorter chapter but the next one will be longer! Please leave a comment and vote!

<3M

The Alpha's... Mate?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें