The sword doubled in size before it was enveloped in lightening and a large gust of wind was released.

'Another djinn user.'

You narrowed you eyes as you summoned your black rukh, giving your blade that purple glow.

"Why are you after me?" You questioned in a serious tone.

"There's a bounty on your head in Balbadd." They answered as fact. "I intend to claim it."

"I assume they take more for me alive since you said capture." You gently moved one foot in front of the other.

"Correct..."

'I should get back to Ja'far...'

You booth stood there for a moment looking into each others eyes fiercely. Being dressed in all black, it was hard to tell whether it was a male or female.

"You see... I really don't have time for you-" You whirled around and bolted off in the direction you came from.

When you looked back... They were gone.

The words 'I'll be back' rang in your mind as you quickly made your way across roofs to Ja'far. 'Who was that?'

Next, when you neared the place you jumped down into the alley landing on your feet.

Turning your head sharply upward you saw a hideous monster emitting so much black rukh that it was visible to the naked eye. 'How didn't I notice this earlier?' A cold wind blew through as you blinked in disbelief.

Ja'far appeared behind you slightly winded.

"He has... A dark djinn." The male panted.

'Dark djinn?!'

"Let's get out of here." Ja'far then tightly grabbed your shoulder before jumping out of the alley.

You took one last look at the monster before you and followed Ja'far out. 'Was that Kartos?'

You and Ja'far hauled ass back to the palace, not bothering to look back. With it being your first time seeing a dark djinn, you had no idea what to make of it.

"Ja'far..." You stopped at the palace steps. "How do we tell King Sinbad?"

'Wait...'

"Telling Sin will be our top priority as of right now." He answered absentmindedly while hurriedly climbing the steps.

'I feel like I'm forgetting about something.'

The rest of the trip to Sinbad was silent.

Should you reveal that you actually might know what is going on? When the bandit Mentioned Sun Guan a few ideas popped in your head. And what about the djinn user you encountered. And most of all... 'Why did we just leave that monster there?!'

"(Y/N)!"

"Y-Yeah?" You snapped back into reality to face an impatient Ja'far.

"I assume you took care of the messenger?" He huffed in annoyance.

"That's right." You replied simply. 'Oh!' You suddenly remembered leaving the blonde against the wall. "Did Alibaba make it back?" You then questioned before he opened the door.

"Yes he did, why?" The silver-haired male raised a brow as he stepped inside the room.

"He and I... Well we weren't exactly on good terms..." You whispered back. "And well-"

"What brings you two here so late at night?" The lord asked sleepily. "Please tell me it's urgent..."

"Sin, I sent (Y/N) to scout out the area and she ran into Kartos, the Wolf Division leader for Sub Zero." Ja'far informed while bowing down politely.

"Nice work, did you get rid of him?" The King questioned as he sat up straight .

"Kartos had a dark djinn... I didn't know until he activated it." The other male responded with a hint of regret and shame. After lamenting for a moment the adviser then began to explain the whole ordeal that had just happened.

"So..." The King appeared to be in deep thought. "The threat of dark djinns appears to be within Sindria."

"Indeed." Ja'far stood up but kept his arms folded in front of him.

"With that Kou prince arriving in one day we need to make sure that nothing out of the order happens." He shifted his gaze to you. "(Y/N), I'm putting you in charge of this ordeal."

"Roger." The late-night drowsiness was finally kicking in.

"Start your investigation around where Kartos was defeated... Make sure to conceal yourself, we don't need a repeat of what happened earlier." The King then added.

Not wanting to say anything else you simply nodded your head.

'I'll get it done... But only after I get some sleep...'

"You two are dismissed." The king then waved his hand motioning you out. You bowed before stepping out of the room and heading to your own. 'Should Judal know about this?'