04

« erina »

"I hate this."

I took another vertical step.

"Keep going, Eri."

"You can do it, honey!" My mum cheered, cupping her hands around her lips as she shouted words of encouragement at my hopeless attempts of the classic chakra training method: Tree Climbing. 

Now, I knew the level of difficulty Naruto and Sasuke had to go through. How the bloody hell, did Sakura complete this so easily?

I scowled as I pumped more chakra to the soles of my feet. To think that I might have possibly possessed some amazing talent of chakra control like those OCs in fanfics. Tough luck. It's been two weeks and I could still barely grasp the basics of ninja arts.

And this fucking tree climbing training...

I have a feeling my parents got this training method off the actual episode itself.

"How on Earth, did Naruto do this?! It's so bloody—HARD!" My once agitated voice kicked up another level and reached a panicked scream as the chakra channeled at the soles of my feet released abruptly, sending me plummeting to the ground.

But luckily, due to many falling incidents resulting in me landing face-first into the dusty ground, my dad decided to place an old mattress on the area where I would most likely drop upon. I landed with a loud thud. I groaned and lifted my head.

"I quit." I moaned, rubbing my sore stomach as anime tears stream down my cheeks, "I'm moving to the countryside and becoming a farmer."  

My dad chuckled, leaning against the tree.

"I thought your chakra control was supposed to be good?" He snickered.

"Yeah, me too. But tree climbing just isn't my thing. I like walking on water better than this, it's way easier."

"And walking on water is supposed to be a level higher than tree climbing."

I pulled a face.

"Maybe it's time for some Taijutsu training. I'll give you a break from chakra control." He suggested, glancing at my mother for her approval.

"Ugh, please."

My mum narrowed her eyes at me strictly before nodding. She soon left, leaving my dad to deal with sharpening my Taijutsu. At least I could last a good half a minute of sparring before I were to be beaten senseless, unlike climbing goddamn trees that I swore were filled with birds laughing at my failures.

"Now, we've been practicing for over a week now. Think you can hold up longer than 20 seconds?" He asked as I got to my feet.

"Uh, excuse me, Father. I can last a good 30 seconds, thank you very—" I was cut off with a sharp kick to my left flank. I lost my balance and landed on my side. It did not hurt as much as it did when I first started training, but damn, it still hurt.

"Um, ow?" I huffed sarcastically, feeling the numbing pain swarm around the affected area. My dad smirked.

"Always be prepared." He chortled, running his hand through his silver hair. I took this moment to spring up and swing my leg under his. He merely grinned and jumped, avoiding my right leg as it travelled between the grass and his feet.

"Nice try, kiddo. But try harder." He laughed, sending a punch at my stomach. Screw his swift ninja reflexes. I took the punch like a man. Just kidding, like a man my ass. The punch sent me a good three feet away. I had to dig my heels into the ground in order to prevent myself from falling over.