This Is All My Fault

Tristan's P.O.V

I have been waiting and sitting here which feels like an eternity!

I just want to know if Brad is okay.

I can't contain myself. I'm sitting here tapping my foot anxiously.

This is all my fault.

Guilt is all I feel...I should feel like this.

"What if something goes wrong? What if Brad doesn't-t waa-keup?" I stuttered out.

"Tristan, everything will be okay. I am scared too but all we can do is hope and pray that Brad will wakeup." my Scottish friend told me who was sitting beside me.

I sighed and looked down.

Then I felt a hand grabbed mine and intertwine mine with theirs.

It was Connor's.

"Thanks Con." I gave him a sad smile.

He smiled back.

"Bradley Simpson." a masculine voice called out.

That caused the boys and I...and Joe to rise up from our seats.

"How is he!?" I blurted out.

"Your friend is unconscious right now but he has multiple wires connected to him." the doctor explained.

"Is he going to be alright!?" I asked.

"There's a possibility that everything will turn out just fine but there's also a 50/50 percent chance your friend might not make it unfortunately." he informed us.

Suddenly I feel like my heart fell to the pit of my stomach.

"What-t?" I try my hardest not to shed tears.

I can't cry. You can't cry. Don't cry.

"I'm sorry." the doctor said.

"Can we see him?" James then asked.

"Of course. You may follow me to floor 5." he said walking towards a elevator.

The three of us including Joe follow the doctor inside the elevator.

I felt like I couldn't breathe, that I was in a tight space that was choking me with guilt.
...

Once we arrived at the 5th floor, the doctor walked with us following behind.

I was the one keeping my pace up with the doctor and walking as fast as my skinny legs could walk.

Part of me wants to see Brad and I'm so anxious to but at the same time I don't want to see what I caused.

You could do this.

But how could you after what you caused!?

You are strong, you can handle this...everything will be okay.

What if it's not!? And you lost your bestfriend!? He probably hates you. He will never forgive you.

Two voices battling in my head that I don't know which one to listen to.

"You can do this." I whispered to myself.

We finally reached Brad's room and what I saw broke me.

Brad in bed. So pale. So lifeless. With wires all connected to him. He looks so fragile. It's all my fault.

You did this!