Part 3 of CancerxPisces/CancerxAries/Who Now???

Scorpio (m) X Aries (m) - dedicated to - Pantherlily24

*************

As we last saw them, Pisces and Cancer were engaged, and Aries was run over buy a car whilst reminiscing how he lost his first love to his best friend.

**************

Scorpio POV

He was always staring blankly out his window, his red hair now a dull amber, his crimson eyes showing off shards of a broken soul. He was healthy and strong, almost in full health and ready to be released. So I asked the nurses why he was still not discharged.

"It's sad," Virgo whispered as she ate her lunch with me, "but considering you're his companion starting tomorrow you should know. When his friends witnessed the accident, he simply stood in the middle of the road, didn't move, didn't run, didn't make a sound when he was hit. Just let himself be hit by the car, he was even careful not to hurt the driver! Nobody had any idea why he would do that or how he got the idea, but it looked as if he was just walking over to their party."

The next day, I was careful not to do anything to upset him. He smiled weakly at me as I changed the flowers in his vase.

"It's okay," He said, "I don't even need flowers."

"Is there something wrong," I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder, "please tell me what's bothering you."

"I can't, it goes against everything I've worked for." He averted his eyes and gazed out the window.

I spent every day with him for a month, and slowly I fell in love, though he was broken and sad. But his smile was a ray of sunshine from behind the daily clouds that hung around him, and when he would let himself laugh, it felt as though my heart laughed with his. I wanted to hold him in my arms, to have nights that we spent at my house eating popcorn or building forts. I wanted to walk around holding his hand and be able to say, 'this is my boyfriend Aries'. But what I wanted was not something that he would think about.

One day, I checked in to work and went to his room, finding him not there. I immediately asked one of the nurses if he had been discharged, and upon receiving a no, I raced to the place he had always been looking at through the window. The Hospital Roof.

He was standing there, on the edge when I made it, not a single part of himself dangling over. But his eyes were sad, and face was solemn, as if morning the loss of a family member.

"Don't jump!" I yelled and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him away.

He shouted, "And why shouldn't I? Why should I listen to you!"

"Because," I pulled my arms tighter as he struggled towards the edge, "I love you! I fell for you in the past month that I've been your nurse, and I don't want to loose you."

His face was shocked and his body calmed. A single tear ran down his face as he sat down on the floor (it was a flat roof) and hugged me.

His voice was hushed and hoarse from the crying, "I fell in love with a girl, but then she started dating my best friend. And by the time I had come to realize my own feelings, they were engaged and I was asked to be the best man at their wedding. I couldn't do anything to hurt them, I loved them both, but I was no longer welcome in her heart and I could never do anything to Pisces. I've never really had someone to love me back."

I looked at him very seriously, "Neither have I, but now we have each other. And when you're discharged, I was wondering if you'd like to go out on a date."

He smiled, brightly, matching his bright red hair and crimson eyes, "I don't think I'd mind that."

Over time, Aries got healthier and recovered from the car accident, and I knew my feelings were returned because he actually looked alive whenever you walked in, smiling like a maniac and laughing louder than I'd ever heard. He was dorky, but he was my dork now, and I wouldn't ever let him go.

******************************

Oh man, I've been waiting to do this one shot and I am so proud of myself! I also would like to say, I've mainly just been trying to catch up on all of the requests from my lovely readers out there and haven't been checking anything else involving the story until I was like "Hey, let's actually see how well I'm doing" and then I saw 13.8K READS. I mean, I thought I was doing well and that you guys liked these one shots, but 13.8K READS, I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. I want to thank all of you out there for reading my stories because it makes me really happy knowing that people enjoy my writing! As always request below and I will work on those as soon as I can. Au revoir mes beignets!

~Unicorn