09

----------------------------------------------
Unedited✨
----------------------------------------------
Scorpius got out of bed and he first thought that entered his mind was calling Albus 'babe' the night before which made him cringe.

Why did he do that? That's weird they arnt even dating!

He shook Albus awake like they did most mornings and did the usual routines - dress, breakfast, first 2 classes where no-one was paying attention because they were still practically asleep.

It was now break and they had about and hour to spare.

"There's a Quidditch match coming up, Slytherin and Gryffindor" Scorpius informed as they walked along the fields to Hagrids place.

"Really when?" Albus asked excitement evident in his voice.

"Tomorrow"Scorpius replied

"Your playing right?" Albus  smiled

"Yeah" Scorpius looked down a little smile playing on his lips, maybe them being soulmates wasn't so bad? Nothing has changed...

The two reached Hagrids and knocked on the door waiting for him to answer.

"Hello boys" Hagrids beloved grabbing their attention.

"Hi Hagrid" They greeted as they entered his home.

"So what brings yeh here?"

"Well we had a question" Albus responded shyly not quite comfortable with the subject yet.

"And?" Hagrid asked curiously

"Well, me and uh- me and Scorpius are...."

"We're soulmates" Scorpius finished.

"Oh yeh, I know Professor told me, what about it?"

"Well we were wondering if it's serious. Or is it just exaggerated?" Albus muttered quietly

"Oh, well it's as they say it isn't it. The owner of the twin wands are soulmates no doubt about it." Hagrid replied.

"Oh okay well uh... We'll be off then?"

They said their goodbyes and headed up to the school, they were going to go hang out in the three broomsticks.

They've been there before with Rose when Albus and her caught up considering they haven't seen one  another very much since the start of school.

They walked awkwardly along the path bringing up some small talk here and there but they mostly were silent and kept to themselves. Albus was staring down at the floor when Scorpius reached his hand down and laced his fingers with his bestfriends.

Albus looked down and back up at Scorpius who simply offered a small smile. Albus returned the smile and squeezed Scorpius' hand in assurance.

They made their way down the street and entered the little wooden building.

"Two butterbeers please" Albus orders taking out his gold and paying for them both. The two made their way over to a table in the corner.

"So, how's life?" Scorpius asked trying to make conversation due to the tension.

"Considering I spend every day with you and we do everything together I assume you already know the answer but just to be sure it's great!" Albus chuckled sarcastically.

"Yeah, you're right haha. Hey I got you something!" Scorpius cheered reaching into his black coat pocket. "It's not much, I bought it when we were out shopping... I had dad get it engraved that day when we found out we were erm.. Soulmates" Scorpius explained.

He pulled out a small red velvet box and handed it to Albus who excitedly opened it. Inside sat a gold ring with a little 'S' engraved in cursive.

"It's beautiful" Albus complimented as he slid the ringer into his finger.

"I have one to, only with an A. Cliche I know but I thought it was cute." Scorpius sighed with relief that he liked it.

Albus looked at the ring a little longer then put his hand down and rested his head on Scorpius' shoulder.

"Thank you Scorpius, it's truly amazing"

They continued to drink their drinks in silence as they observed the people around them talking and socialising.

They finished their drinks and started to walk back to the school for lunch.

(A/N MY FRIEND JUST STARTED READING THE CURSED CHILD NEXT TO ME AND HER FIRST REACTION WAS 'ohmygod  he's 37' and now she's reciting the 'yer a wizard Harry' spoof)

They entered the great hall, slightly late due to Albus refusing to move which ended up with Scorpius giving him a piggy back ride for the second time.

"Attention! Attention. The Quidditch World Cup is coming up and in celebration our school is going to host are own mini cup with the houses. For more information please speak to the team captains" Professor Mcgonagall announced at the front of the hall.

Immediately people started talking about the mini Quidditch cup, who was playing and if it was normal teams.

"I hope I'm playing it would be amazing considering I can't go to the actual cup" Scorpius chimed.

"I'm sure you will, and how come your not going? Everyone's going to be there!" Albus said nudging Scorpius gently with his elbow.

"Yeah dad tried but he couldn't get ahold of any tickets, shame really I was excited" Scorpius spoke with a frown evident on his face.

"Hey my dad is Harry Potter I'm sure I'll be able to hook you up with some" Albus smiled.

"Really? Thanks Albus your the best" Scorpius blushed hugging his friend.

Dinner finally ended and people were hauling themselves up the stairs after eating to much while celebrating.

The pair walked into the dormitories and changed out of their robes and into their pyjamas.

"Scorpius?" Albus whispered gently not wanting to wake he possibly sleeping boy.

"Yes" He replied.

"Can I come over there with you?" Albus yawned tiredly.

"Sure" Scorpius chuckled shifting over to make space.

"Thanks"

He climbed under the covers and snuggled into Scorpius side. They once again laced their fingers together only this time their rings touched making both of the smile.

"Goodnight Albus"

"Goodnight Scorpius"

-----
I'm sorry I took so long to update but I've was busy have friends and being social and all that jazz. I can't believe I have 1k views! That's fucking cool bro. Ily guys make sure to vote! ❤️❤️❤️