03⚗

----------------------------------------------
✨Unedited✨
----------------------------------------------

"Albus, Albus wake up" Scorpius shook him until he woke up.
"Cmon breakfast!"

Albus groaned opening one of his eyes. Scorpius looked down at Albus taking in his messy bed hair and squinted eyes.

"Wha?" Albus mumbled his voice scratchy.

"I uh- I said breakfast now cmon!" Scorpius rushed. Albus simply nodded standing up putting on his robes.

"Let's go"
Albus and Scorpius headed downstairs to the great hall, taking seats next to each other at the Slytherin table.

A boy next to them turned towards the pair, he had Straight brown hair and dark brown eyes, he looked as if he has never seen the sun.

"Hey I'm Danny, Captain of Slytherin Quidditch team, are you gonna try out?"

Albus quickly shook his head-no however Scorpius smiled facing Danny properly

"Yeah I was thinking about it actually, when are they... The try outs" he smiled

"Tomorrow morning on the pitch, see you there..."

"Scorpius, Scorpius Malfoy"

"See you there Scorpius"

Albus turned to Scorpius questionably, "you like Quidditch? " he asked

"Yeah my father used to take me out every Saturday to practice. He used to love Quidditch my father said he'd always wanted to be on the team. I think the real question is why arnt you trying out! Your father was the youngest seeker in a century. It's in your blood!" Scorpius exclaimed.

"Quidditch isn't really my thing... Good luck though" Albus smiled

Scorpius only nodded proceeding to eat his breakfast.

--Time Skip--

"What do we have?" Scorpius asked

"Potions with Professor Mason"

The two boys headed to their class, both walking in silence through the busy halls.

"Helllloooooo frienddddssss" a chirpy voice sang behind them

"ROSIE!" The boys cheered happily "How are you?"

"I'm good, congratulations on making Slytherin... Albus I was shocked to say the least but now I can see your comfortable with your house which is great!"

"Right sure" Albus responded confused with her rambling.

"Does your father know yet? I expect you should write to him he will be expecting news" she said

The truth is Albus hadn't forgotten he just didn't want to know his fathers reaction

"Uhm sure, look Rosie we gotta go catch ya later"

Scorpius frowned when seeing the scared look on Albus' face but chose to ignore it and dragged him into the class.

"Hello class, right today we are going to be studying love potions, can anybody tell me what makes the strongest love potion the most dangerous?" Professor Mason spoke loud and clearly.

A girl who'd they have never seen before put her hand up

"Chapman, right?"

"Yes, the potion is most dangerous because the smell adapts to what the person finds themselves most attracted to, for example I smell Roses and chocolate"

Albus looked to his side to see Scorpius slowly inching closer to the potion.

"Malfoy, I see you've taken an interest in the potion out of curiosity what do you smell?" The teacher called out

"I uh- I smell Vanilla, and gingerbread and Uhm wood, oak wood"

"Curious" Said the teacher, but proceeding with his lesson.

Albus grabbed Scorpius by his arm and pulled him back, staring at him intensely a million thoughts racing through his head but one stuck out, vanilla and gingerbread, Christmas. Lily and mum always made Gingerbread and Vanilla cookies at Christmas.... Curious

"Today you will be starting to make a polyjuice potion, now partner up you will be becoming one another for only 5 minutes am I understood?"

A series of 'yes sirs' echoed throughout the classroom.

Scorpius turned to Albus raising his brow as if to say 'together?'

Albus nodded grabbing his wrist dragging him over to an empty work station.

The lesson went on and the two boys joked around for the entire hour, but Albus kept being distracted by Polly Chapman staring right at Scorpius, studying him the entire lesson.

Albus couldn't help but feel jealous however, he shook the feeling off  deciding to ignore the unexplainable anger bubbling at the pit of his stomach.

Class quickly ended and they made their way down to the great hall for food.

"I'm nervous" Scorpius spoke randomly, his grey eyes finding their way to Albus.

"About what?" Albus responded obliviously.

"Quidditch, i told my dad I'm waiting for his response" He informed, and just as he finished his sentence a loud racket filled the hall.

Mail time.

Scorpius' owl flew down dropping a nearly folded envelope In Front of him. Scorpius picked up the flimsy letter opening it giving one last glance to Albus. He had told his father about Albus making Slytherin and how he was going to try for the Quidditch team.

'Dear Scorpius, I am surprised Potter's son made Slytherin, would've thought he was a Gryffindor myself. Are you two friends? How are you getting along? Be carful Scorpius his family arnt like ours they don't forgive or forget, they don't see that people can change.

On another note, I wish you luck in the Quidditch tryouts your a brilliant player I have to admit. If you make the team I will personally buy you one of the best brooms in Diagon Ally! I'll see you at Christmas,
Lots of love,
Dad'

Scorpius smiled at his fathers words, he wanted to make his dad proud.

"What'd he say?" Albus questioned a mouth full of icecream.

"Nothing much he just wished me good luck, he said if I make the team hell but me one of the best brooms in Diagon Ally!"

"That's amazing Scorpius! I wish my dad was like that"

"Hush now your dad is one of the greatest wizards alive today wether you care to admit it or not"  Scorpius Scolded.

Albus shrugged finishing off his dessert and then dragging his best friend up the stair cases, through the portrait hole and into the Slytherin dormitories.

The two hopped into their beds staring at the ceiling both thinking about everything and nothing.

"Goodnight Albus"

"Goodnight Scorpius"