Chapter 19: Switching Sides

Start from the beginning

"You what?! Nigga why didn't you tell me from the jump?! You set that shit up or something?! You straight finessed me, mane. How them niggas even know where I stay?" I tried to get close to him but Quez held me back.

"No I didn't set it up! I wouldn't do that to you man! I noticed because they had on the same clothes from when I seen them. And hellas ago they picked me up from here." He flinched from me grabbing him.

"Boy! Move Quez! I'm bout to break this nigga nose. What type of niggas you letting in your circle? I already told you bout hanging with them dirty ass niggas. How the hell they even know I was gone be gone?" I let him go because Quez in my way.

"I'm done with that now, I swear. We can go get your shit back. They asked about you and I didn't think anything of it and told them you was out of town." He grabbed my fist that clinched his shirt.

"Dumb ass nigga." Quez shook his head and moved out the way.

"Fuck that! I let you in my corner because I believed I could trust you. You running yo mouth like the lil hoe you is!" I put my gun to his forehead.

He looked me in the eyes and I could feel him trembling. The room got hot and I couldn't believe I'm really doing this to my own blood. It's just the fact that my son could've been harmed or Jay. Jermaine doesn't know that I really take this loyalty stuff to the heart. The stuff I've been through, when I can't trust somebody close to me, it messes with my head. If he was real, he would've told me from the jump and I coulda got my shit back right then and there. He had me thinking he was down for whatever, I opened up to him and told him stuff certain people don't know. Jermaine was the little brother I never had.

"Trae!" Quez yelled but didn't intervene.

"You was posed to be my family! Loyalty don't mean shit to you, do it? Niggas can't even play they role nowadays. I wanted you to be just like me on the streets, but you fold just like these other weak niggas. You ain't real, you a bitch." I choked him.

"Trae don't do this shit." Quez kept talking.

"Don't do it? This nigga is the reason why my girl considering finding us another house. He the reason why I gotta start all over." I slapped his face with the gun.

"I'm sorry." Jermaine cried out with blood in his mouth.

"All the shit I did for you lil bro... It's over! You probably ain't even confront them niggas." I let him go because Jakiyah came back in the house.

"Don't hit my line, don't come by here! Don't ask me for shit cause you dead to me. After showing you the ropes and telling you all that, you still couldn't keep your big ass mouth closed! Fuck out my house mane, you a clown."

"I'm sorr..."

"Just skate Jermaine." Quez told him.

I really thought I could mold him to be my protege. Okay, whatever, he didn't know they would do that. But I told him about running his mouth. I don't know them niggas so I don't know why I was even brought up in their conversation. I guess everybody not built for the street life cause he act like he don't know better. I'm through with helping niggas, he on his own.

"What happened?" Jakiyah was confused and she tried to grab Jermaine's bloody face.

Jermaine went past her and left the house. She stood there looking at me so I put my gun back in my pants.

"Your lil friend had something to do with the break in." I told her.

"You lying." She looked out the door to see Jermaine pulling off.