Chapter 17 - Jealousy

Well, well, well look who's back. Moi! So I have a new chapter for you guys and it's a crazy one. Remember last chapter when Sammy met that hottie at the party? Well let's take a look at what happens next.

Oh wait, almost forgot, if you haven't already heard, I have a new twitter and Instagram account do you can keep updated on when my chapters come out, info on new books, and just a way for you to chat with me directly. I also would love to see any awesome covers you make for my books and post them on Instagram for you all to see! So be sure to check them out and follow me!

Twitter/Instagram: soccerluv_4

Now back to the story!!

----------------------------

Carter took a swig of his drink, feeling the tart burn of alcohol fill his mouth and swim down his throat. His eyes grew hazy, staring at the room filled with his drunken friends all having a great time.

Normally, he would've been just like them. Partying, drinking, kissing Lizzie, and having the best damn time of his life.

He scoffed and threw his empty cup on the ground, kicking it away from him. That life was long gone and it was his fault.

His bleary eyes scanned the crowd once more from where he was standing, leaning against the stair railing on the second floor. The living room ceiling extended all the way to the second floor, giving him a perfect view of the party, and Carter felt so different, watching his life play out before him. His previous life.

His eyes focused on a girl dancing in the crowd, her dark raven hair a stark contrast to the others. She turned slightly, revealing a bit of her face, and Carter's eyes widened as he racked his brain trying to think of her name.

Shay something? No wait, wait Fay. Yeah Fay. Shit, what was she doing here? Carter's heart thumped loudly in his chest. If she was here, does that mean...?

Carter's eyes glanced next to Fay and saw a glimpse of brown hair before it disappeared from his view by the person in front of her. His brow furrowed as he noticed she was dancing with a guy.

It can't be her. What would she be doing here anyway? Carter thought, but those thoughts dissipated when the guy moved slightly, uncovering her face.

Carter watched as she brushed back a lock of her hair, blushing as the guy leaned down to her ear. She bit her lip, glancing back at him with a smile. Carter gripped the railing tightly, inhaling a sharp breath as she leaned in and kissed the guy.

"Hey man what are you looking at?" came a voice from behind Carter. He placed a hand on his shoulder, looking where Carter was looking and whistled lowly.

"Oh damn she gets around fast," he said, chuckling and taking a quick swig of his beer. He patted Carter on the back.

"Good thing you got a taste. Maybe I'll see if I can get a turn," he laughed again, turning to leave.

Carter felt like a nerve had exploded inside him. Who the fuck was this guy, talking about Sammy like that?

Before he could realize what he was doing, he grabbed the guy's forearm, shoving him back around.

"You better take that shit back asshole," Carter growled out, teeth clenched. His fists were curled tight, ready to pummel the guy's face in.

"What the fuck man? It was a fucking joke. Relax," he rolled his eyes, tilting his beer can up to his mouth.

Before he could take a sip, Carter slammed his can away. It flew into the wall, creating a sharp noise. People swiveled their heads in their direction, their eyes wide when they landed on Carter.