Forty-Eight: New Interest

Start from the beginning

Elliot walked them up through our backdoor to the inside.

Turning to Sydney I had to refrain myself from tugging her and spreading kisses across her body.

Now is not the time for that.

"Take my shirt."

Hooking my fingers through my shirt I swiftly pulled my shirt over my head and offered it to Sydney.

She took it into her shaky hand and I helped it over her head.

I admired my shirt on her. It looked amazing and it turned me on so bad.

Knock it off Jay! Our mates angry and all you can think about is bedding her. My wolf said and I immediately knew he was right.

"Jay, what are we going to do about Meg and Em? I-I screwed up. Wasn't that like one of your number one rules? N-not to expose us? Oh god! Does that mean that y-you or your dad's going to exile me? Oh god. Oh god! I'm s-so sorry!" Tears started pelting down her cheeks like a waterfall as she hugged her body with sobs raking through her body. "Please, I didn't mean to!"

I growled at her in anger of the thought of my mate leaving the security of the pack without me or someone to protect her.

She must have taken this as a yes because she collapsed to her knees in painful sobs.

My wolf stirred inside me trying to rip free to protect and comfort his mate.

I dropped down and gathered her in my arms hugging her impossibly close.

"No Sydney, if anything I forbid you from leaving this pack. You can't leave me," I ended weakly.

Before either of us could exchange words of comfort back to each other, yelling erupted from the house and the back door came crashing open.

"You asshole! Put your hand on Emily again and I'll ring your head from your neck!" Megan yelled from the porch into the house, her face bright red.

☽✣☾

Elliot

After Jaycen asked the girls to join me inside I held the porch door open and waited for the girls to come inside.

Holding the door open for them. Red hair came in first followed by the caramel-skinned beauty.

Something about her just made me want to know her. She looked like a sweet mystery...something that I needed.

Letting Red slip in, I before I realized it I grabbed the Beauty's wrist. Tingles filled my fingers and it was the first time since my mate-and Sydney-that I had felt them even if they were considerably less 'sparky' then they were with my mate.

"What is your name?" I asked.

Her eyes were soft when they fell on me but they instantly became steeled.

"I'm here to take my friend away from whatever freaky cult this is." She ripped her hand away from mine and rushed after her friend.

Looking dumbfound I rushed in after her and this time she would give me her name if it was the last thing I do.

I walked them into the living room trying to contain my mild annoyance towards the situation.

"You can sit anywhere you please." I invited, gesturing to the seating.

Red snorted at me but took a seat beside her friend.

I sat on the couch across from them quietly.

Together we sat their awkwardly waiting for Sydney and Jaycen to come in. It had then grown from a minute to about five.

"So what are your names?" I asked politely to the both of them.

The Beauty looked towards Red. Between the presence of her friend and the long silence, she seemed more willing to answer now.

"I'm Emily and this is-"

"None of your business." Red aid interrupting Emily.

"She's Megan," Emily said scowling her friend who in turn scowled her back.

"I'm Elliot, it's nice to meet you both," I greeted.

"Under better circumstances then yes," Emily said avoiding my gaze.

Megan just evil-eyed her friend like she was the devil her self. I smiled at the friends.

"Do you guys want anything to drink?" I offered even if it wasn't my home.

"Well if we're going to be stuck here why not? Do you have any beer?" Megan asked with eroded anger in her tone.

"Err...I'm not sure." I scratched the back of my head.

She sighed. "Fine, I'll take a water."

I looked over inquisitively to Emily. She bit her lip but nodded.

I smiled. "I'll be right back."

I raced off trying to please Megan to the best of my ability so to maybe impress Emily.

Once in the kitchen, I started opening cabinets looking for the glasses. When I eventually found the glasses, I started running to grab ice and fill the cup with water. Once filled I ran to the living room but slowed down to a nice walk into time for Megan and Emily to turn and see me.

"Here's your water ladies." I handed Megan's water to her, then placed the water on the coffee table reaching over Emily.

She turned her head. Her breath brushed against my neck and she inhaled my woodsy scent.

Before I realized what I was doing, my lips for her tawny ones.

All I could think was, she is stunning.

☽✣☾

EDITED JULY 2 2020