Twenty-One: Ice Cream Chaos

Jay

After Sydney kissed me on my cheek my heart about stopped.

I wanted to catch her arm and pull her back to me and feel her lips on mine.

Signing I knew that wasn't going to be an option until she fully understood everything that was going on, and in order to do that, I still might lose her.

Pulling myself from my darkening thoughts, I watched her skip up to the counter swing her cute ass while at it.

"Hello, Sweetheart, what would you like today?" The counter worker asked Sydney flirtatiously.

My wolf growled in my mind. He better watch himself. That's our mate he's talking to.

"Uh hey to you too. I would like to get a Large Mintochip," Sydney said not even paying attention to the kid as she pointed to the ice cream on the menu above.

He clicked the order into the pad on top of the register. "Anything else?"

Sydney nodded, "Yes. It's my first time here and my friend is occupying our table." She turned and pointed to me.

Now he'll know she's ours. My wolf was smug and pleased with Sydney's mention of us. And I thought he was right, but apparently, that didn't detour him from moving in on my girl to be.

"So he's just your friend?" The younger kid probed.

You fucking wish! Get a fucking move on you jackass!

Uh...Bud are you alright? I asked tentatively.

Why would I be!? He's all over my mate!

Hey, just chill. Let's see how this pans out, Sydney's surely a capable young woman.

"Ahh, yeah he's my friend. But anyway what's your favorite on the menu?" Sydney asked leaning against the counter subconsciously. This gave the guy an opportunity that he couldn't pass up and the kids' eyes immediately flew down into her shirt.

"Sweetheart, if you're on the menu there's no competition." The guy whispered huskily, leaning in too close to my mate.

Before I even realized what I was doing I was up and growling, my wolf coming out. I stalked towards the counter focusing on the male who was trying hit on my mate.

I let out a low snarl and went to take another step but was stopped when Sydney enveloped me in a hug.

"Jaycen, relax," Sydney whispered rubbing my lower back and she pressed her cheek to my chest. "It's okay Jay." She soothed.

"He was looked down your shirt and flirting with what's mine." A mixture of my wolf and I growled in her head.

She nodded. "It's okay Jay, let's grab our ice creams and sit outside." Sydney looked at me from inside my arms.

I nodded and walked with her back to the counter where the boy was standing there wide-eyed. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she automatically leaned back into my chest.

"What do you think I might like Jay?" Sydney asked staring at the illuminated menu while I tried to glare the boy to death.

He looked like he was about to piss himself, due to the dominant and powerful vibes coming off of me.

Secretly I hoped the pressure would physically crush him.

"You may like the PeanutButter Twist." I suggested still not looking away from the boy.