Chapter 9: Run

Beginne am Anfang

“You’re weird today,” I commented as I buckled my belt. He only shrugged chuckling silently.

He muttered something to himself, “You have no idea.” He pulled away from the driveway and out of the neighborhood. I pulled my coat further up on my head so I was sort of hidden. Throughout the whole way Matt never said a single word. I stared outside as houses turned into woods. I took off the heavy stuffy coat once I was sure we were away from where we lived.

He pulled up in front of an old wooden cabin. It looked unused for the looks of it.

“Where are we?” I asked as I got out of the car, never taking my eyes away from it.

“My family use to come here when I was kid,” he answered shutting the door. “But problems grew and we stop coming here.”

“Problems?”

“Job problems,” he clarified. He smiled at me kindly as we walked towards the front door. He opened it as he gestured me inside.

“You use to live here?” I asked as I walked inside. “I never saw you.” The walls were painted a beige color, but there were no picture frames hanged on the wall.

“Yeah,” he said. “I use to live here, but I went to a different school. I got expelled from the previous school I attended, Northridge and they changed me.”

“You went to Northridge!” I turned around to face Matt with a surprise expression. “I went there too.”

He smiled at my answer. “What a small world.” He walked over to me with grin.

“You know Nikki,” he said quietly. “I have always loved you.”

“Matt…,” I trailed off as I turned around to face him. “You’re being weird.” He had his left hand on a furniture as he stared at it. He looked at me as he smiled in a cold way.

 “Are you scared of me?”

“N-no, just that you’re being creepy,” I explained my legs glued in placed. Matt was seriously acting freaky.

“By the look on your lovely face I’d say you are,” he teased not giving up this joke. He took a slow step towards me as I instinctively took one back. There was an ominous feeling about him now. I was beginning to get scared.

I swallowed hard; I could feel the tension surround me as my heart pounded. What was Matt doing?! Whatever it was it was working. His green eyes were dark and colder than the last time I saw them.

“Don’t be scared of me,” he softly said. “I just wanted to confess.”

“Matt!” I hollered at him. His smirk only grew wider. I stopped and took a courage stance. “Matt just stop this!”

Matt face suddenly twisted with rage as he banged on the wall making me jump, “I’m not Matt! My name is Marc!!”

 “Marc?!” I choked out.

“Yes! My name is Marc not that wimpy brat Matt!”

“Matt stop this, stop this –this joke!” I yelled at him. My heart began to race. “You know what? I’m leaving.” Without a second thought I stomped towards the door, but Matt clawed on my shoulder and threw me against the wall. Ache instantly overpowered my left arm. I hollered in pain. The wall felt more like cement than wood.

I turned my body as I stared at Matt with terrifying eyes. Matt’s usual calm and happy expression was removed by a cold-blood killer face. What was wrong with him?! He never did this to me!

“You’re not leaving!” He yelled through his teeth. His face was only inches away from me.

My heart pounded against my chest I was sure he could hear it. “Matt, please…”