That Day

When you returned home, you looked at your watch. It was 6pm, 6 and a half hours since you'd left. "Honey, is that you?" You heard Megan call from the dinning room. "Yeah" you shouted back, hanging the hoody on the coat rack. You walked into the dining room, surprised to see your parents sat at the table. "Hey Aly" your dad shouted from the other side of the room. You shivered, at the thought of Britney's lips kissing your neck. "Are you alright dear?" You heard your mother say as she shook salt onto her food. "How about some gravy Aly?" Megan said, leading you into the kitchen. She shut the door behind you both and began to whisper. "Where have you been? I've been worried sick!" Megan asked, smelling you. Before you could answer she spoke again "have you been smoking? You stink" she said, wafting her hand in front of her face for a split second. "Yeah, I just went to the park" you replied, putting both your hands in your pockets, biting your lip and looking up at her. "I'm sorry" you said, flicking your hair out or your face and biting your lip again. "You... I... You look so damn cute" Megan said briefly biting her lip and kissing you. "Just grab your food and the gravy and be right in" she said, grinning before kissing you on the cheek and exiting.

As you walked into the dining room with your food and the gravy, you sat opposite Megan. "So, what have you been doing today Alyssa?" Your mother said, whilst pouring the gravy all over her turkey. Instantly your encounter with Brit rushed to the front of your brain. Her eyes. Her hands. Her lips. You shook your head to try and get rid of them and think of something else. "I went out into the town centre and looked around for my birthday" you said, whilst cutting your turkey. You looked at Megan, who knew you was lying. "So what did you look at in particular?" Your dad asked you, before putting a big forkful of vegetables into his mouth. "Brit" you whispered, before the image of her lips came to mind. "I mean, Britney Spears' new cd looks good" you said, smiling. You looked at both your parents faces, they were in shock. After the meal, 3 years ago they thought you hated her. "I just... Heard her new musics good so I thought why not" you said, looking down at your plate. "I'll buy it you" you heard Megan cheerfully say. You hadn't told Megan about your relationship with Brit. You hadn't even told her you knew Brit. Your mind suddenly went back to the night you left.

It was 4 days after Britney had been recording her new video. You shut the front door behind you and took off your hoody. "Baby, I'm back" you called, to upstairs. As you ran to the stairs and put your foot on the first step, you noticed the kitchen light on. You ran into the kitchen and stopped. You saw Britney's parents looking back at you, along with Britney. "Brit?" You asked, flicking your hair out of your face. "Don't call me Brit" she shouted back, sheltering behind her dad. "You have a lot of nerve to come into my house sunshine" Britney's dad said, standing up from the chair he was sat on. You felt yourself starting to shake. "A lot of nerve" he spat, directly in front of your face. You straightened yourself up so you were the same height as him. "Why did you call my daughter baby?" You heard Britney's mother say as you were staring Britney's dad in the eyes. "Because she is" you said, tightening your fist. "Britney I thought you said they weren't back for ages" you shouted to her. "Me? I haven't spoken to you in over a year" she replied, you felt a single tear roll down your cheek. "Baby, I'm back" you heard as the front door slammed. You turned to see Harrison, from your old school. He looked at you in disgust before running over to Britney, picking her up and kissing her soft, pink lips. You felt a few more tears starting to roll down your cheeks. You heard Britney giggle and Harrison come closer to you. You turned to face him, before being hit in the face. You rubbed your cheek and turned to see Harrison, with bloody knuckles and a grin on his face. You noticed he was doing this to impress Brit. You did the same. You kicked him in-between the legs, hearing him scream, high pitched in pain. You heard a thud, it was Harrison dropping to the floor. "That's it, you're leaving" you heard Britney's dad say before grabbing you by the wrists. You turned to see Britney, with a single tear rolling down her cheek. She looked up at you and then looked down, you knew she felt guilty. "Don't come back here" you heard before being pushed out of the door.

"Alyssa?" You heard Megan say, with her hand waving infront of your face. You blinked over and over until your sight was perfect. "You were saying?" You said, finishing your meal. "I was saying I'll buy you the cd because I love Britney and we can share" she said, putting both her knife and fork on her empty plate. "That was lovely Megan" you heard your dad say as he and your mother both handed Megan their empty dinner plates. Your mind once again went back to that night. As you walked the streets, your eye becoming sore, you tried looking for a late night coffee shop. As it was 10pm you knew there were only going to be limited ones open. You looked up to see Sam's Coffee, you pushed the door open and walked directly to the till. As you looked up at all the choices, you heard loud talking coming from near the entrance, you turned to see a waiter and a very beautiful girl arguing. "Miss, you've been here, an hour and haven't bought anything, I'm going to have to ask you to leave" the waiter said, handing the girl her bag. "But sir, please" the girl begged, putting her bag back down on the chair. "I'll have two coffees, for me and the lady" you said, turning to the waiter, who then left the girl. As you sat down opposite the girl, you handed her a coffee. "I don't really like coffee" you said "but I felt sorry for you so I ordered the first thing that came to mind" you said laughing. "Neither do I" the girl replied, putting the coffee down and smiling at you. "Thanks" she said. "For what?" You asked her. "Saving my butt" she replied, taking a small sip out of her cup. You looked at her, waiting for a reaction, her face scrunched up "ew" she said giggling. "I know" you said, looking into her eyes. "My names Alyssa" you said holding out your hand for her to shake. "Mine's Megan" the girl replied, taking your hand and kissing it.

It was 11pm and your parents had left 3 hours ago. You and Megan were cuddled together in bed. "I love you" you said, holding her tighter. "I know you do" Megan said, moving closer to you.