X: HUGS ARE GOOD FOR THE SOUL

Start from the beginning

Sighing, Luke got out of her bed, stretching his limbs and rubbing his eyes. He followed Ava to where she was leading him; to the bathroom. The bathroom wasn't that big but it had space for two or three people and that was enough for him. He waited as Ava crouched down to open up the cabinet under the sink where apparently all her supplies were and she grabbed two toothbrushes; her own light pink one and a Scooby Doo themed one.

"Wow, nice one, Shaggy," He chuckled, getting the toothbrush anyways and running it under some cold water.

"Shut up, Luke."

When the two were done, they discovered that–thankfully–Becca was nowhere to be seen in the living or dining areas or awake. God knows how mad she'd be if she found out that Tree Boy (as she likes to call Luke) had slept over, and in the same bed as Ava. Luke took out his phone to see why it was alerting so frequently and let out a hushed gasp at how many texts and calls he had.

58 MISSED CALLS FROM ASH.
13 MISSED CALLS FROM CAL.

Ash; Where are you??

Ash; Dude, answer your phone.

Ash; WE ARE WORRIED, WHERE ARE YOU, ANSWER YOUR PHONE.

Ash; Calum says he's sorry for being a dick and a bad friend and hope you'll forgive him.

Ash; Luke, this isn't funny. If you're mad, just at least answer us and tell us you're okay. Your phone keeps going to voicemail.

He cursed at himself, "Fuck, we forgot to text Ashton."

"Well, shit," Ava replied, coming over and peeking over his shoulder to see the notifications. "Did you reply?"

"Just did," Luke said, the text delivering.

Ashton was going to be so pissed that Luke hadn't texted sooner, but better late than never. He sighed and scratched his stubble, which had beginning to grow over the past couple weeks. He was thinking of shaving soon, but he wanted to keep it because he swore he remembered Ava saying something about how she liked how it looked on him a couple days back.

"Now, I get it," Ava claimed in realization.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Calum and Ashton stranded you at the bar," concluded Ava who bit her lip, looking at Luke for confirmation. "Didn't they?"

Luke nodded, "Yeah."

"Do you wanna talk about it," she inquired, feeling pity for whatever happened to him. She didn't know the story, but she knew something serious must've happened if his two best friends left him somewhere by himself at such a late time.

He shook his head, the conversation changing his mood drastically. "No, not really, but thanks."

His answer was honest. He simply didn't feel like talking about his feelings this early in the day. Besides, he'd already done enough of that last night in the car. He was, however, grateful. It wasn't often that someone was as lief to hear about his many problems and let him open up, even when he countlessly refused. It was nice to know that someone cared.

The next thing that Ava did was unexpected. She gave him a smile and on a whim, hugged him. It wasn't exactly the hug that made you excited, but Luke felt his heart race. It was just a simple embrace, but through Ava's arms and warmth, he felt her care and sympathy.

It was the best hug he had ever received.

•••

so, what did you guys think?

i know, i know: this one is a bit short (like my patience), but in all fairness i updated three times in just this week alone. i am feeling up to this story because i have some things planned. i loved writing the beginning part where ava is snuggled against luke's chest and he just admires her - i am GONE because i find fluff so adorable ok.

on another note:

luke and ava seem pretty happy and cute,

it would be a shame if something

were to

happen to them. :))

but, tbh luke and ava are honestly my goals (c'mon let's be honest they're probably your goals too) and i want them to have a healthy relationship/friendship. things may occur but they'll still remain healthy.

also: i am REALLY excited for the next chapter because i have this really cool idea since luke works at a flower shop and i hope you all pay attention to that chapter because it is actually pretty awesome.

hope you liked this!