Brompton Cocktail

Full Summary: The rewritten version of the original well-loved fic, this portrays the story of the fight between House the diagnostician and the mental patient who calls himself Kira. One week is all that is allotted for him and his team to save Kira from the world and himself…and House's neck is on the line.

A/N: After such a long wait, I now give to you chapter 8 of The Art of Subconscious Illusion: Rewritten. Just to warn you, from this point onward, some of the science may not be totally and completely reliable or holding true as it does in reality, although I have tried to be very accurate (as I have with the metal illnesses here, where the info and examples in this fic are very accurate to what is shown on Wikipedia). Do keep in mind, as this is a medical drama, this is technically a Science Fiction, and so I can and will take liberties every now and again. While you’ll probably be able to spot where this happens for yourself, if anything stands out as being really dubious to you (or indeed dubious in any way at all), just do the sane thing and ask, okay? You’ll know what to do.

Since you enjoyed this crossover so much, could I suggest to you another crossover of mine? It’s called ‘NoHoper’ and it’s a crossover between Death Note and the House Of Night series. While it sounds pretty bad from this premise, I do believe it’s better than it sounds here. While it is already available on fanfiction.net, it will become available on Wattpad in due time.

Thanks, and all the best.

Chapter VIII

Brompton Cocktail

“So,” mused House, as Chase. Cameron and Foreman returned to the office, “Just because our patient suffers a slightly adverse effect to the Thorazine, and diagnosing him with Schizophrenia was just a quick-fix solution to explain the hallucinations anyway, you think it’s not Schizophrenia?”

“Yes,” Cameron answered, her back straightening as she sat down at her usual seat, “that’s right.”

“Typical,” was the response, and he sat back down in his seat, “the moment we make a breakthrough, you want to ruin it all just because our kid doesn’t want to take his medicine. You know what I say? Get used to it. The kid’s lucky he’s got our exclusive team treating him in the first place-”

“But that’s the thing!” Chase protested, “We’re not really treating him. The risks of continuing on this course of action far outweigh the benefits here – if we let him stay on a medication that will debilitate him for the rest of his life just because the diagnosis is quick, easy, and barely fits, then we’re breaking the Hippocratic Oath.”

“The Hip…po…what?” House asked, feigning stupidity.

“The Hippocratic Oath,” Foreman echoed. “The Oath all doctors take.”

“Oh, that.” House paused, allowing himself chance to cast his mind back to the event. “Yeah, I must’ve skipped that to go to the graduation party.”

Cameron sighed. “Well, there’s a surprise…”

At that moment, Ryuzaki slouched into the office, closing the door behind him and taking his position in an empty chair. With barely a word at 8:45am, the detective had clocked in and was ready for the day’s work. Wiggling slightly in his crouch to get comfortable, and the cap-and-mask ensemble still covering much of his face, he spoke out loud what they all seemed to be thinking. “When you had finally concluded that he indeed does not have Schizophrenia, can we please cross it off the board and get back onto actually investigating and treating his illness?”

Most everyone else conceded and nodded their heads, save for Foreman. Knowing that it had been his suggestion that had caused the dystonic side effects in their patient, it was no surprise that Pride and Principle had prevented him from nodding along and moving on like the rest.