19. "can we drink alcohol?"

We walked the few blocks to where the party was being held. We could hear the loud music all the way from the end of the street. I'm surprised no one has called the cops yet.

We finally got to the house that the party was being held. It was surprisingly packed, people were everywhere. I say surprisingly because it's a Wednesday and you expect a lot of people not to come because it's a school night but I guess not.

But honestly, who throws a party on a school night? That's just stupid!

"I'm so excited!" Carter suddenly squealed, pulling me away from NY thoughts. He grabbed my arm and started jumping up and down.

I faked a smile at him before we entered the house. There were sweaty bodies everywhere, grinding on each other.

I grimaced as I noticed some people drunk making out, which let me tell you it may feel nice but it looks disgusting.

I looked away from the people making out and looked back at Carter who was scanning the room, wonder filling his eyes. I sighed and grabbed his hand.

He turned back to face me and gave me a big smile. I tried smiling back, but I couldn't with all the guilt and uneasiness I was feeling. I looked around the room again, looking for a clear spot for us to stand instead of in the middle of the crowd.

"Can we drink alcohol?" I heard Carter ask from beside me.

My eyes widened and I looked over at him. He was smiling at me expectantly. I shook my head. "We're not drinking. You said you just wanted to come to the party, you never said anything about drinking." I told him.

He tried to give me the puppy dog eyes but I looked away. I heard him groan as he tugged on my arm. "Please Jesse! I've never tried it before. I promise I'll go slow with it!" He said, trying to convince me to let him do it. I just looked away.

"Fine, I'll do it myself." I heard him say before his presence disappeared from next to me.

I quickly looked over to see him walking through the crowd of people. "Carter!" I called out to him as I pushed through the crowd. He kept getting further and further away though.

I couldn't get to him, and before I knew it he was out of my sight.

.....

It's been thirty minutes since I've lost Carter. I've searched the whole house but I can't find him.

I'm really worried! He's probably slammed right now, meaning that he won't be thinking clearly at all. Which honestly, I'm not that sure he was thinking clearly before.

I mean, what is up with him? He's acting so different and careless. It's starting to worry me how much he's changing.

I just want the old Carter back.

I sighed and leaned against a wall. I looked down before looking back up and letting my eyes scan the room of dancing people again.

Honestly though, how has no one called the cops yet?

I sighed and was about to go to a different room to search when I saw him tripping up the stairs, some guy holding his hands and pulling him.

I felt anger rise up inside me as I pushed through the crowd of sweaty bodies.

I watched as the guy opened a vacant bedroom and pulled Carter inside with him.

I got to the stairs and quickly ran up them. I rushed down the hallway until I was in front of the door. I opened the door quickly.

Carter was sitting on the bed, while the other guy stood in front of him with his belt in his hands.

The guy looked over at me and smiled. "Awesome! Threesome!" He exclaimed.