2. "i think i might like someone..."

I didn't run into that kid again after that incident today. I was looking for him for the rest of the day but I just couldn't find him.

I guess I'll have to try and find him tomorrow.

I went out to my bus as the last bell rang. I sat down in a seat and waited for the other students to load up. It was about 10 or so minutes before the bus started moving.

I put my earbuds in and let my mind relax as 'Come On Eileen' by Dexys Midnight Runners started playing through my headphones.

I rested my head against the back of my seat and closed my eyes, drifting off into darkness. Before I knew it, I jolted awake to someone shaking me.

I pulled my earbud out and looked up to see my bus driver, Tracy, standing over me.

"Boy, we're at you're stop!" I looked out the window to see my house.

I chuckled as I stood. "Thanks Tracy." I said to her to which she rolled her eyes and mumbled something under her breath.

I walked off the buss and waved to Tracy. "See you tomorrow!" I shouted to her.

"Mhm. Bye honey!" She shouted back.

The bus soon pulled away as I approached the apartment house that I call home. I tucked my iPod inside my bag for safe-keeping.

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled out to my mother as I entered the small entrance area.

I ran upstairs and to my room, I took my shoes off once I was in my room and laid down on my bed. I turned to the bulky TV resting on the tiny table in my room and turned it on. I was flipping through the channels when I heard the front door open and close.

"Jesse!" I heard my mother call out to check if I was here.

I stood off my bed and walked to the top of the stairs. "Hey mom." I said when she came in my eyesight.

She looked up at me and gave a warm smile. "Hi honey." She said as I started down the stairs to her.

I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I love you." I said as I took the bags from her hands. "How was your day?" I asked her.

"My day was good. How was yours honey?" She asked as she followed me to the kitchen where I was taking the bags.

"Mine was great!" I told her to which she looked at me with a questioning look. I knew that she wanted to hear more without her having to say anything. "I think I might like someone..." I told her.

Her eyebrows raised. "Oh really now?"

"Yeah, but I don't think he likes me back..."

"Oh." Her eyebrows raised as she smirked and started putting groceries away. "So it's a boy this time."

I nodded my head, a blush rising up to my cheeks. I usually don't blush or get embarrassed. It only happens when I'm around people that I really care about or love. So while my mom may be used to me blushing, most of the people at my school aren't.

I love my mom so much. My mom is honestly my best friend. And although people may make fun of me or tease me about it, I really don't care. I don't really care about what most people think honestly.

"Jesse!" My mom suddenly shouted next to me, interrupting me from my thoughts. I turned to her with a questioning look. "Did you hear what I said?" She asked.

I slowly shook my head.

She chuckled and was about to speak again when there was a knock on the door. She smiled as she left the kitchen, me following not to far behind her.

Once she reached the door, she opened it to reveal a man who looked to be in his early 40's. Not too much older than my mom, who was 36 at the moment.

My mom and the man started talking before they looked over to me. I snapped back to reality to hear their words.

"Jesse...this is Harry. He's going to be taking me out on a date..." My mom said to me.

My face fell as I stared at the man. He smiled at me. "It's nice to meet you bud." He said to me and held out his hand for me to shake.

I glanced down at his hand before looking back at his face. His smile slowly fell, as did his arm. He cleared his throat and turned back to my mom. "I'll be in the car..." He said as he walked out of the house.

My mom shut the door and turned back to me. She winced as I glared at her. "What. The. Hell!" I said through gritted teeth.

"Honey, I know how you feel but..."

"No! No buts!" I yelled, cutting her off.

She smirked. "Except for that boy you like."

I blushed but then glared at her. "Stop trying to get off topic."

Her smirked fell into a smile. "I really like him." She said.

I let my glare fall and put on a somber look. "But what happened with the last guy..."

"Won't happen again." She said, cutting me off and finishing my sentence. She approached me and gave me a hug. She had to tilt her head up so it was resting on my shoulder. "I promise." She pulled back and held my face in her hands, her right thumb running over my cheek.

I gave her a small smile before nodding towards the stairs. "Go get ready. You don't want to keep him waiting all night."

She smiled at me. "Thank you honey."

She pulled away from me and ran onto the stairs. I walked out the door and up to the car that was parked on the curb.

I knocked on the passenger side window, causing Harry to jump. I motioned for him to roll down the window, to which he did.

"Okay listen, my mom is precious. She is the most important person to me on this whole planet. She's gone through a lot, yet she's still the strongest person I know. I want you to treat her like a queen on this date." I said in a very serious voice, which I usually don't have one of those.

"Is she your mother or your daughter?" He questioned, trying to make a joke to lighten the mood.

I glared at him. "Lose the attitude or else I'll cut your balls off." I said, just trying to scare him.

His eyes got wide and he straightened up. "Yes, of course."

I held my glare a couple seconds longer before putting on a smile. I held my hand out to him. "Well, have a great date."

I turned around as I heard him mumble, "thanks."

I walked back into my house to see my mom standing there in a red dress with black heels. She turned to me. "How do I look?" She asked.

"Beautiful." I said with a smile.

She smiled back and kissed my cheek. She opened the door and starting to walk out the door when she stopped and turned around. She smiled at me.

"Thank you for scaring him, honey."

.....

Hey guys!!! I hope you liked this chapter.

Sorry that Carter wasn't in it but I wanted you guys to get to know Jesse a little better. Don't worry though, Carter will be in the next chapter!

Anyway...

THANKS!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

read~enjoy~vote~comment~thanks

-MGN