17. "i want to try marijuana"

Carter and I entered our school, getting a lot of looks from people.

We were probably getting a lot of looks because people are used to seeing Carter in lighter colors.

Right now he's wearing one of my black hoodies, that was definitely too long for him. The hoodie went all the way down to his mid-thigh. He was also wearing another old pair of my old denim skinny jeans. And he was wearing my old black combat boots.

He usually wears button up shirts and and more loose pants. You usually couldn't tell he has a nice butt but these skinny jeans really complimented his figure.

I was also wearing a black hoodie, some loose-fitted jeans, and my pair of black converses.

"Why is everyone staring at me?" He asked.

I chuckled. "It's probably because you're dressed so differently than normal." I responded.

He got a confused on his look. "But they never noticed me before, why would they now?" He asked.

"People notice change." I told him.

He stared at the ground for a few seconds before nodding his head. "I guess you're right..." He responded.

I could tell that he was getting a little uncomfortable under everyone's gaze so I grabbed his hand and quickly pulled him away. I rushed to his locker, dragging him along with me. Once we were there I turned towards him.

He stared at me confused. "What are we doing here?" He asked.

"Don't you need to get something from your locker?" I asked. "You seem to have to get something from it every morning." I said to him.

He looked off in thought. "Oh..." He mumbled. "I can't remember what I need. I just feel so carefree, like a totally different person. I don't feel as stressed. And in these clothes, I don't fee as uptight... Even though they are pretty tight clothes." He said, laughing at the last bit.

"Oh..." I responded, not really knowing what to say.

He smiled at me for a moment before looking down at the ground. He stared at his, or should I say my, shoes for a few seconds before looking back up at me. "I think, I don't want to go to school today."

My eyes widened slightly. "Oh..." I responded, not knowing what to say again.

He narrowed his eyes in though before widening them, a smile growing on his face at the same time. "Can we skip?" He asked.

My eyes popped out of my head on that one. "Are you serious?" I asked. He rapidly nodded his head. I scratched the back of my neck. "I'm not sure..." I said.

He rolled his eyes. "Aren't you one of the baddest boys at this school?" He asked me teasingly, recalling our first conversation.

I smirked. "Yes, I am." I said before taking his hand. "Let's skip!" I shouted.

He slapped his hand over my mouth. "Do you want us to get caught?!" He asked with a worried tone.

I chuckled as I removed his hand. "Kitten, they honestly don't care here. Jacob and Tim both have skipped multiple times this year and haven't gotten in trouble. I've skipped and haven't gotten caught."

His smile grew back on his face. "Then what are we waiting for?" He asked as he took my hand and ran down the hallway.

.....

We entered my house, which we had to walk all the way to considering neither of us drive, and walked into the living room.

Carter threw his bag on the floor and then sat down on the couch. I dropped my bag next to his and then took the spot on the couch next to him.