Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Dillon 

(Please enjoy the video Love's Devine by Seal, one of my favorite artists. I thought the song was appropriate to set the mood for this chapter.)

My leg bounced up and down repeatedly as I nervously waited in the chair situated in the hallway outside of Kevin's hospital room for Dr. Covington-Carmichael to come out from his daily therapy visit with my love. Maybe he'll tell me that today is the day Kevin will finally agree to see me. The first day Kevin had woken up, I'd missed it. I'd been was overwrought from the other night to the point of exhaustion when my Dad had woken me out of my sleep and urgently told me to get dressed for our mad dash to the hospital.

He had tried to be gentle with how he explained why we were rushing to County General in the early morning hours of one of the most horrendous days of my life next to the day my love was sentenced to prison that is. But there wasn't been any way anyone could have softened the news of my boyfriend being violently assaulted in ways a person should never be violated ever. When Kevin had woken up again almost forty-eight hours after the incident, he had quietly whispered past the damage done to his throat and asked for everyone to leave his room. He'd turned away from me and physically flinched away from my touch as he told me not to come back.

Despite all of my desperate pleading, my tears, and telling him over and over again how much I loved him. Kevin had just turned his head away and refused to look at me. He refused to speak to anyone. Ultimately my dad and Dr. Covington had to drag me out of the room. Dr. Covington had spent over an hour trying to calm me down before he gave up and had me admitted and sedated under twenty-four hour observation by his staff here in the hospital.

He'd barely agreed to release me, he did so only on the condition that for right now and for the unseen future that I respect Kevin's wishes at the moment not to see me, and let him have his space. I was going to fervently argue against it, until the kind doctor sat me down and explained that after the multiple traumas both physically and mentally Kevin had sustained and now had to cope with, that giving him time to work things out for himself was for the best.

The renowned psychiatrist further went on to let me know that in Kevin's current frame of mind, he saw himself as dirty, used, and unfit to be seen by everyone especially me, the man he loves. He had asked me to place myself in Kevin's shoes. How I would feel looking Kevin in the eye after my body had been vengefully used? Having the most intimate act of sharing one body with only their lover turned it into something painfully, demoralizing brutal and nasty beyond belief?

The doctor's words had cut me wide open all over again and I bled profusely right down to my very soul for my man. I just wanted Kevy to know that I didn't see him that way. I wanted him to know that no matter what, I love him and I will always love him until the end of my days and beyond. He wasn't dirty or used to me. He had no control over what happened to him.

An anger like I have never felt before burned through my body like wildfire. My father had promised me that he would get to the bottom of what happened. He had the entire prison locked down and no one, the prisoners, the guards, or staff couldn't so much make a move without him knowing about it. Federal agents had swarmed the building, I knew that much but I didn't know anything else. I wanted to call my dad for an update. I wanted to make sure that the people who did this to my love are going to be severely punished. But I refused for anything to take my attention away from Kevin's room door, not even to satisfy my curiosity by making that phone call.