Chapter 7

Few days later…

Danielle pushed her bag into the compartment above her seat.

“Do you want me to help you with that?” Nate got up and held her waist as Danielle shut the compartment.

“Don’t be naughty on the flight” Danielle bit her lip and made him sit down. She took her seat next to him and tied her hair into a pony tail.

“I’ve never been this happy in my entire life, before.” He looked at Danielle as he placed his head beside her shoulder.

“Me neither” Danielle smiled, thinking about the possibility of her lonely days being behind her.

“Have I ever told you about the time I saved a bee from a fat kid before? That day made me feel like I was a true hero, like what I kind of like today” Nate told her and took her hands in his and locked his fingers with hers.

“I think I’ve heard it before, but I would love to hear it again” Danielle smiled at Nate, thinking about the coincidence of God himself telling her the story, which she thought was insignificant at that time but turned out to be the most thought provoking and now the most valued story to Danielle, in her life.

 “I tell you after we land” Nate yawned, leaning into her shoulders.

Danielle looked ahead at the empty TV screen behind the front passenger’s seat and of thought of Parker Street. She whispered a quick ‘thank you’ and smiled when the stewardess walked up to their seat and spoke, “Wine for the lady?” she smiled, leaning down with her service plate and offering it to Danielle.

“Yes please” Danielle looked at her and was shocked.

The women wore a blue flight attendant uniform, with her hat titled to left side. She had her pink lipstick on, the same enigma in her eyes and her golden locks were tied into a bun. She gave a quick wink at Danielle.

“Macy” Danielle whispered happily as Nate had fallen asleep, “Thank you for everything” she smiled whole heartedly.

“I know” Macy said softly, “Gordon and I heard that.” she giggled.

“What are you doing here?” Danielle asked her politely.

“I’m on my next mission” she smirked, “Seat 22B and 23B. Lonely strangers, waiting to fall in love, both of them won a ticket to New York City. I hope it pan’s out well” she cheered.

“Oh, Macy, aren’t you as crazy as me. I hope it works out too!” Danielle laughed joyfully. “I’ll miss you, you know” Danielle frowned.

“Don’t worry love, I’ll always be around. After all you do have my card with you. The contact number and address is available and valid anywhere in the world. No codes needed.” She winked.

“Oh” Danielle was moved.

“Gotta go now. Gordon’s flying this flight. Have a great one!” she wiggled her shoulders and walked away.

Danielle couldn’t stop thinking about the irony about God. She would never forget the way he worked and how he performed his miracles on lost souls and how he wasn’t as cruel as she thought.

She grabbed her purse and searched for the card Macy had given her the first time they had met. She finally found it in one of the internal pockets and flipped the card between her figures. She was surprised to find a couple of changes that had emerged in the card. The backside of the card read,

Macy Parker

Cupid’s Daughter

22 Park Street

3rd floor

Contact number: 222

“Cupid’s Daughter” Danielle repeated and laughed at the possibility of having cupid’s daughters’ card. She flipped the card wondering if the empty side would have anything on it and it did. The company’s and the boss’s name was finally revealed,

The Guide™

(CEO – Gordon. Otis. Dag, aka GOD)