Chapter 3

It took them only a couple of minutes with the empty streets and the speed of the sports car to stop outside Danielle’s house.

“Sweet home” Nate looked at Danielle’s building. Danielle was already embarrassed with her address; she had never taken anyone near her building before since it was such an old place.

“Thanks” she blushed and got out of her car. Nate too, got out but Danielle stopped him.

“I can do this by myself, you don’t need to come” she pleaded with her eyes.

“Danielle… alright” he didn’t want to impose on her decision. He had all the money in the world he wanted but he didn’t care about the fact, if Danielle or any of his friends were not as well off as him. Money was just a supplement to his work and intelligence. ‘A reward’ was what he called it. For family or even for a close friend he would leave everything in a second but the problem was, he didn’t have many honest friends, nor did he have any family to perform that humble gesture.

Danielle rushed up to her apartment, locking the door behind her in case he would follow her upstairs. She ran into her bedroom, racing through all the good casual clothes she had but nothing specific popped in her head. She carefully put her purse down and opened her cupboard. There was a cleaner’s plastic bag hanging in her closet with the rest of her old clothes. Danielle was confused; she had never put any clothes for dry cleaning that week or any week, she couldn’t afford it!

Danielle quickly opened up the bag and she stood baffled. There was a note with a pair of brand new casual clothes inside the bag.

The note read,

We forgot to hand you over a pair of casual clothes and a gown for the evening dinner. The gown will arrive at 8 pm. Have fun!

Love Macy.

“Oh my god” Danielle shouted. ‘How did they get my address or enter my house?’ Danielle wondered.  It didn’t matter right now, her client was waiting for her downstairs and she was wasting precious time changing her clothes.

She quickly took out the black slacks with a golden belt, along with a short jeans material -full sleeves top and put it on. There was a pair of golden earing’s that looked so beautiful and stubbed. She put them on and combed her hair quickly. She kept the black pumps on and ran down the stairs. In no time she was walking towards the black sports car when she slowed down to look at Nate look into the sky. His hands were crossed across his chest and his lips had been twisted into a smile. His hair flew in the slight wind and his thighs were criss - crossed while he stood against his car’s hood in his brown boots. He looked breath-taking in his Calvin Klein glares.

At the sound of Danielle’s heels over the pebbled road, Nate shifted his gaze towards Danielle and he began to laugh slightly.

“What?” she looked amused as she walked closer to him.

“This, your second outfit, you can’t seem to stop surprising me isn’t it?” he smiled boyishly and got into his car.

“Is that a good thing?” Danielle asked him, sitting inside, next to him.

“It’s an excellent thing” Nate winked through his glares.

He started the car and soon got off Danielle’s street and got on the main road.

“So where are we going?” he asked her so that he could take the car accordingly to the right place.

“Do you like fairs?” she asked him adjusting her top, which was quiet short.

“I’ve never been to one” he admitted, shrugging his shoulders and grasping the steering wheel tighter.

“Well that’s good, I’ll take you to one today” Danielle was glad she gave such a good suggestion.