Chapter 1

I want to fall in love. Probably with a guy who has blue eyes, black hair, and a chiselled face with full lips. How can you not want to kiss a man so handsome? He would probably be dressed in a black suit, sleek and lean and would have a stubbed beard. Clean shaved men are too clean, if you had to ask me. His smile would turn you on and his personality would be unforgettable. Can a man like this exist? Can he? “Oh, tell me dear god” Danielle put her Mills and Boons book down and shut her eyes.

He would grab me with his soft yet long hands and hold me close to him. He would smile down at me and probably wink and make me laugh in awe. He would be the man I would marry, the man who I would like to wake up to every morning.

There is just something about blue eyed men, I’d die for them. It’s so hot, just too hot!

“You’re up Danielle, c’mon, get to your feet and work before the big boss comes and whacks the both of us” Mika ordered her.

Danielle got up from the ragged old chair that was placed in the storage room, next to all the bread and other raw stuff put around her, in normal room temperature. She quickly put on her apron and walked into the kitchen area, where Mika handed her, her serving plate. They both collected the following orders; roasted duck and chicken salad and pushed the restaurants kitchen doors open and walked into the silent, elegant dining area.

“I wish I was the one eating instead of serving” Danielle softly commented to herself and walked to table nine and served them the roasted duck.

Mika served the chicken salad to table two and they both walked inside the kitchen once again to collect the other orders to serve them to the pretentious, rich guests seated on the other side of the door.

“I hope Jackal doesn’t come in today, I hate it when he smacks my ass” Mika chewed her gum and smacked her red coloured lips together.

“Tell me about it” Danielle blinked slowly.

“Shark soup is next ladies” the chef placed a large bowl of soup in Danielle’s plate. “Table nine” he told her.

“Got it, anything else?” Danielle asked.

“No, this is it” he told her.

“Alright” she saluted goodbye to Mika and glided back into the red carpeted room to table nine. As she walked towards the single looking, young woman seated on table nine, Danielle felt her heart skip a beat. This was unusual. Nothing seemed suspicious or wrong, then why did her heart skip a beat?

That wasn’t all that happened, her palms got sweaty and her walk slowed down. She was getting a feeling like serving that particular table was going to change things, like it was a kind of a déjà vu feeling.

The lady seated, looked at Danielle sideways with her one open eye. Her beautiful red – feathered hat tiled to the left side of her forehead and she straightened her red matching dress. She leaned forward at the table and waiting for Danielle to serve her.

“Hi, my name is Danielle Marquez and I’m going to be your waitress, tonight” Danielle spoke with confidence. She was trying to shove her intuition down her gut and pay attention at the customer before she got fired.

“Hello, Danielle, my name is Macy Parker, not a very classy name like yours but it’s a decent enough name.” she was sweet, Danielle deducted.

“Here’s your shark soup” Danielle placed the bowl in front of her.

“I want you to take a seat Danielle, next to me” she showed her where to sit.

“What?” Danielle was surprised, “I – I’m the waitress, I can’t sit down” she hesitated.