“It’s next to Blacksherd Street, you have to take two rights after the signal and then a left. It’s near the pier” she directed him.

“Got it” he replied, speeding his car and following Danielle’s instructions.

“If I may,” Danielle spoke, “Of course” Nate replied. “Why have you never been to a fair?” Danielle asked.

“Well… no one has taken me to one.” He admitted.

“Not even your parents?”

“They might have when I must have been a kid, I don’t remember but once my dad’s business boomed they never had the time and then they died” he glimpsed at Danielle and then back to the road.

“I know it came in your profile, if it helps at all, my parents died when I was pretty young too. I don’t even have siblings or relatives” Danielle puffed her cheeks and let out the air through her mouth.

“I’m sorry too and I’m glad to meet someone who finally knows how I feel every single day” he told Danielle, while his eyes were still fixed on the street.

“We are here, you can park your car anywhere” Danielle told Nate, to which he nodded and quickly acquired a spot next an old Cadillac.

They both got down and Nate locked his car. “I’ll get the tickets” he told Danielle and walked over the area where there was a line to buy tickets to the fair.

Danielle looked around her, taking in the fresh air and looking into the sea and smiling. She was smiling because she was feeling glad that she had met Nate. Maybe if things go well they could be friends, maybe she could finally have a non - work related friend.

Nate stood in the line, waiting for his turn. He was feeling pretty excited being with Danielle, she was a nice person and good company, not to mention how sexy she looked. Women were never an issue in Nate’s life but New York women weren’t down to earth, they never saw a life beyond their work. They also never saw a relationship beyond one night stands and how to trouble rich men to get them to buy them whatever they wanted. It was nice to meet one of those rare girls who don’t take advantage like that or maybe it was her job not to do so, but she looked genuinely. Nothing that Danielle said or did felt fake to Nate. In fact she looked slightly scared about everything she was doing.

He soon reached the end of the line and quickly bought two tickets for Danielle and him and jogged back to Danielle who was still staring at the sea.

“What are you looking at?” Nate asked her, looking at what she was.

“The sea, I love the pier” she replied, short and simple. She turned to look at Nate and her hair flew to the sides of her face. Nate took a step closer to her, hesitating but keeping steady, he lifted his hand and grabbed onto Danielle’s flying hair and tucked it behind her ears.

“Thanks” Danielle laughed, blushing frivolously.

“So Danielle”, Nate said her name for the first time, it lead sparks in her heart and even Nate’s. He felt specially taking her name and Danielle felt like she belonged with him when he took her name. “What do you want to do first?” he asked her.

“How about we go shoot some ducks or something and win soft toys?” she shrugged.

“Excellent choice” he held out his hand and she put her hands in his and they entered the fair.

They went over to the shooting stall and both took turns at shooting the ducks, turn by turn. To Nate’s surprised, Danielle won and he didn’t.

“How the hell did you win?” he asked her.