Chapter 12- Stupidity can kill you

I awaken to the sound of some loud banging. I glare particularly at nothing. I rub my eyes, taking some time to adjust to the bright light. I quickly turn my head to my side clock, checking the time.

9:30
Saturday

Oh thank god...I'm not really in the mood for going to school. But again, another loud bang interrupts my train of thoughts. I roll my eyes and walk towards the door, opening it slightly and peeking through the gap. The hall seems to be empty so I just walk out of the room cautiously. I walk down the stairs, about to make an annoyed comment but a loud shout of my mom interrupts me.
"Marco! Get out of here!"

I turn my head to face her, the anger showing in my face was replaced by surprise. Ludo and his gang...

They really haven't given up, haven't they?

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want birdbrain?" I mumble. Ludo glares at me, his eye twitching.
"Well, 'Safe Kid'," I shot him a look, "You know exactly what I want...The Wand."

He's kidding, right?

I scoff, "The wand?! You've got to be kidding me, I don't know where it is-"

"Where's Star Butterfly?" He cut me off. My heart aches just by the mention of her name.

"None of your business." I retort. He looks amused.

"You two owe me, you destroyed my castle! Now, Star-" He argued.

"Star's dead! Don't you think that's enough for our payment?!" I snap. Ludo stared at me and laughed nervously, "You're kidding...right?"

"D-do I look like I'm kidding to you?" I shouted, shoving the, rather small, creature. His nervous smile disappeared from his face.
"The Wand...gone too?" He muttered.

"After all this, all you care about is the wand?!" My emotions got the better of me and I grabbed the dimensional scissors and pointed the tip at Ludo and lunged towards him. I guess stupidity got the better of me that time for I accidentally opened a portal and instantly fell in.