Hottest Day in History

Start from the beginning

He looked up at Kuro's face and noticed that his cheeks had a bit of a rosy tint to it and that he was avoiding his gaze.
Mahiru tried to apologize, suddenly very aware of what he had just done. When they had started dating Mahiru had realized that Kuro wasn't comfortable with too much contact and it hadn't been an issue until now.
He should apologize for doing something like this so suddenly.

"I'm sorry-"

Kuro interrupted him.

"I'm going to take a shower now..."

And with that he was gone, faster than Mahiru had ever seen him move out of his own volition.
He stared at the point where Kuro had stood for a few more seconds, feeling the parts of his body that had cooled down a bit when he was touching Kuro heat up again. The additional heat from the embarassment he felt didn't help either.

He let out a defeated sigh.
How was he going to survive the day?
He needed something to do, something to keep him busy and distract him from the heat.
Maybe he could do the laundry? Or clean up the mess that Kuro had made yesterday evening?

He would love to do all of those things, but even the thought of moving more than necessary made him start to sweat. He needed a distraction that didn't involve moving.
For example a conversation. Kuro was showering so that only left Sakuya, but he was still sleeping...

Mahiru went rigid when a sudden realization hit him. If Kuro was cold because he was a vampire, then Sakuya...

In a matter of seconds he was at his bedroom door, knocking twice and waiting for a response. When none came he slowly opened the door and entered the room.
Sakuya was sprawled across his bed, his blanket on the floor in front of it, probably having been kicked off at some point during the night. He was still sleeping, his hair also a mess and he looked so peaceful that Mahiru almost turned around and left the room again.
Almost.

In the end the searing heat and the desire to find something that would cool him down prevailed and he stepped closer to the bed.
He reached for Sakuya's hand and when his fingers came in contact with the same cool skin that he had felt when touching Kuro, he let out a  dreamy sigh.
Then, carefully as to not wake the other, he climbed onto the bed and searched for a spot to lie down.
Mahiru ended up with his face pressed to the Sakuya's chest where he could feel the coldness even through the fabric of the t-shirt he was wearing and his arms wound around Sakuya's middle.

It wasn't really the most comfortable of positions, but at least Mahiru wasn't that hot anymore and he could finally rest. The few hours he had been awake had felt like days of hard labour and he felt himself drifting into sleep, the heat kept in check by the vampire who was lying beneath him.

-

He woke to the feeling of a hand combing through his hair and he blinked slowly while his eyes adjusted to the bright light in the room.

"Oh, sorry did I wake you?"

It only took Mahiru seconds to recognise who had talked and that he shouldn't respond with a "no".

"Oh, yeah, I guess you did."

He lifted his head from Sakuya's chest and looked up into the other's smiling face. He could feel one of Sakuya's hands still combing through his hair making him feel relaxed.

"So do you what to explain why you basically assaulted me in my sleep?"

Mahiru knew that Sakuya was only exaggerating, but he still felt the urge to defend himself.

"I didn't assault you!"

"You basically tried to crush me in my sleep. I'd call that an assault."