7-TRICK or Treat?

Start from the beginning

***

It didn't take long to find Snape, as Sirius knew where he and his friends usually hung out. There's a hallway just beside the courtyard with all open windows which were lined with benches. Sirius and I paused at the corner and peered around it to see Snape, but he wasn't alone. One other young boy wearing Slytherin robes was sitting on the sill of the open window, his feet resting on the bench in front of him. Snape stood slouched in front of him.

"Who's that other boy with him?" I whispered to Sirius, in which he huffed a little in reply.

"Kurt Avery" he answered through gritted teeth.

"I'm guessing that you're not fond of him?" I questioned, giving him a hesitant look.

"My parents have been trying to get me closer to him because he's a part of the sacred 28. They think it'd be better if I befriend other people... like him"

"You mean... Purebloods?" I asked slowly. My family is not a part of the sacred 28. My grandmother is a metamorphmagus, but also a pureblood, which is extremely rare. For some of the sacred 28 families, a family like ours usually is not good enough. It doesn't matter to me, my family isn't well known anyways.

"Let's not talk about it right now, we came here with a purpose" he changed the subject, taking his wand out. I began listening to the two boy's conversation. I studied Kurt further, noticing his messy dark hair and dark brown eyes, which almost looked black. He looked at Snape a certain way, an unpleasant way like he didn't exactly enjoy being around him much. With further inspection, I noticed a ring on his right hand. A silver snake curled around his finger. Something that Kurt said suddenly pulled me out of my thoughts.

"...Regulus Black" he chuckled, although I didn't hear the first part of his sentence. Snape just stood there, showing little emotion. I felt Sirius tense beside me. "The younger students need to learn their place. Even if they are pure-bloods. He's still related to that blood-traitor Sirius" he laughed again and I grew nervous, hoping Sirius wouldn't pounce on them.

"He hasn't been marked blood-traitor yet. He's still a part of the house of Black" Snape drawled on, seeming bored of Kurt.

"It's only a matter of time before he's disowned though. I hope his mum invites me over to watch as she burns him off the tapestry" he smirked, picking at his fingernails. Sirius' grip on his wand tightened. "And then there are his friends" he rolled his eyes. This boy sure was a complainer.

"I'm well aware of who his friends are. We don't need to discuss them" Snape snapped at him.

"But that new girl that he's been hanging around with... The Cullen girl" he shook his head. "They consider themselves pure-bloods when there's a metamorphagus in their family. How ridiculous is that?"

"Mmmhmm" Snape hummed, obviously not paying attention. I didn't notice before because Snape is slightly turned away from me, but he was scribbling things down in an old ragged book.

"And that first year Slytherin Dolores has been giving her younger sister a hard time. I might just give her a hand with it one of these days, just for some fun" he shrugged, and now I was fuming. I went to take a step forward and kick his ass but Sirius stopped me, shaking his head and pointing to my wand. I took a deep breath to calm myself and nodded.

Pointing my wand around the corner, I muttered "cantis" under my breath, making a white light shoot out the tip and make contact with Snape and Kurt. In an instant, the silent hallway was filled with the voices of the two boys as they sang their hearts out uncontrollably. Sirius and I hunched over in laughter as we watched them look around in confusion while singing.