7-TRICK or Treat?

Start from the beginning

"That is not at all true! I just think getting a good grade on our potions exam is more important than doing something stupid that could potentially land us in detention. I've already had detention with you and it was not pleasant" I squinted my eyes at him, remembering the incident a couple of weeks ago in potions class. "Besides this is the perfect time to study together. You never want to go to the library and you don't want any of your friends to find out about the tutoring so we never have time for it! They aren't here right now so this might be the last chance we have to prepare for the test" I ranted and I realized that what I was saying did not affect Sirius at all. In fact, he seemed even more distracted than he was a minute ago. "If you would only try a little harder to understand and find some interest-"

"You see the problem here is that nothing about potions is interesting! I honestly don't know why I even need to take it. If I want to be an auror, when am I going to need to know the most important ingredient in the draught of living death potion?!" He exclaimed in frustration.

"If you're an auror then you're a target, Sirius! Someone slips a little bit of this potion into your pumpkin juice and that's it, you're done for. That's the easiest way to get rid of someone, there isn't even any magic involved in it. Being able to identify potions even by just their smell is important" I stressed and he sighed, nodding his head.

"Ok ok, you're right. Give me the question again" he sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

"What is the most important ingredient in the draught of living death potion?" I repeated for about the hundredth time. Sirius stayed silent for a moment then smiled to himself.

"You know you've been calling me Sirius this whole time right?" He beamed and I cursed him, slamming the book shut again and gripping at my hair.

"Sirius! I-I mean... Black!" I stuttered, then groaned, shoving my face into my hands. "You are so intolerable I'm amazed I've lasted this long while in the same room as you without losing my sanity" I mumbled.

"It's ok, you're getting closer to me Estella" he smirked, sitting up on the bed again and scooting closer to me. "There's nothing wrong with us opening up to each other a bit eh?" He tried to put his arm around my shoulders but I swatted his hand away and pushed him so hard he fell right off the bed and landed with a loud thud on the floor. "Ouch" I heard him mumble to himself.

"You wanna have fun so badly?" I asked, fuming with anger. "Fine" I got up off the bed "I'll show you that I can have real fun" I mumbled that part to myself and looked down at him as he sat on the floor, waiting for him to stand up.

"...what?" He asked in confusion.

"Get up! We can't pull pranks while you're sitting on the floor like that!" I exclaimed, grabbing his hand and pulling him up.

"Oh don't worry about it Estella, I accept your apology for pushing me off the damn bed" he mumbled sarcastically.

"I'm thinking..." I trailed off, completely ignoring him as I led the both of us out of his dorm room. "That if I want to get you to focus I need to get all this pranking energy out of your system" I paused when we got to the bottom of the steps and turned around to look up at Sirius who was standing one step above me, making him another six inches taller than he already was compared to me. I pointed a finger at him in a reprimanding way. "Now that we're doing what you wanna do, you need to promise me that you'll stay up late every night this weekend with me down here in the common room so that we can study. I don't care how tired you are. I'm going to make sure you pass this test" I told him. He smirked.

"An evening alone with you, in front of the warm fire? How could I say no?" He shook his head.

"More like an evening alone with your potions homework" I rolled my eyes and turned around, heading for the portrait hole with Sirius following right behind me. We started wandering the halls, both of us thinking about what we should do. It was the evening and the feast has yet to start yet. The sky was already getting darker, and I looked out the windows as we walked. The sun was just setting, allowing orange and pink to be painted through the air as the last bit of light disappeared beyond the horizon. On the other side of the castle, the stars were probably already visible. On such a clear night like this one, they probably look stunning. It would be a good time to do my astronomy homework...