"It's okay." I assured Devin once more.

She took a deep breath and then placed her hand on head, Lily barked and Devin jumped.

I chuckled. "She gets really excited when she gets attention." I informed her.

She looked at me once more before attempting once more and placing her hand on Lily's head again. This time it stayed there and Lily remained calm as Devin continued to pat her head. I watched the small interaction between the two and it seemed that she was beginning to warm up to her.

"She's really soft." She murmured.

"Yeah." I responded.

I let Devin pet her a little more before I spoke again, "Are you hungry?" I asked her.

She stopped petting Lily and shook her head, "No I'm fine thank you. I'm just really tired. I had a long day." She said.

I could tell by the sagging look of her face that she indeed had a long day and needed a good amount of rest. I began showing her to my bedroom, I ushered her inside and showed her where the extra things like sheets were in case she got cold or something.

"Do you need clothes to wear?" I asked her with a hint of embarrassment, but I knew I had to ask her that because she was dressed in a dress and I doubt that was comfortable to sleep with at night.

She looked away shyly, "Uh...yes please." She said politely.

She had such a formal and respective nature about her that had me enticed and curious.

As I walked to the dresser in my bedroom, I decided that maybe I could ask her a couple of questions to break the ice between us.

"So Devin, where are you from?" I began.

She sounded as if she was walking around the room curiously.

"I'm from Amsterdam." She replied.

I picked out a t-shirt and some shorts, hopefully they would fit her close enough and keep her warm.

I shut the drawer and turned around. "Wow...that's far. What are you doing in Manhattan?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I needed a change of scenery." She was still looking around the room and stopped at one of the detective novels I had once spent my entire childhood reading: Who did it, Dr. Jones? 

"This has to be a real culture shock for you then, huh?" I asked her.

"Mhm." She replied her thumbs paged across the book lightly as she waited for me.

I cleared my throat and she turned to look at me. "I got something for you to wear." I held up the clothes.

Devin put the book down and walked over to where I stood and took the clothes from me.

"Thank you." She said shyly, a red color rose on her pale cheeks and I felt my heart beating at an unhealthy rhythm.

Who knew I had a thing for shy girls?

I scratched the back of my head and looked away, "There's an en-suite over there." I pointed to the closed door to the bathroom, "I'll be outside if you need anything else." I said.

She nodded and I walked out of the room making sure to take Lily with me in the process.

Once I reached the kitchen, I looked inside and grabbed a beer and cracked it open. I downed a quarter of it before setting it down onto the counter. Lily, who was beside me barked and wagged her tail rapidly for a treat.

I smirked, "No more treats for you. You're almost getting to big now." I teased her.

Lily barked again and I shook my head.