A Short Forever (Chapter 7)

Hello guys! I apologize profusely for not uploading. Honestly, I didn't really see a point. I don't even think anyone reads this. But, I feel like I need to finish this story before I graduate in June, so I can have some closure in my life. This chapter is dedicated to suziep. Suzie, thank you for your kind words, and this chapter is for you. Thank you for reading, voting, and feedback. Anyways, hope you enjoy chapter 7, sorry if it's a little bit short.

<3 Lyss

P.S. Song for this chappie is "Drops of Jupiter" (: I love me some Train.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------Jeff-------

"I want to take you out." I was sitting on Alex's floor staring up at her while she was laying on her bed. Her room was very rocker looking. The walls were all artsy with different murals and paintings all over them. On one wall there were two sets of handprints, mine and hers, that we put up two summers ago when we were bored out of our minds. My hand print was navy colored, while Alex's was in various peacock colors. Typical Alex. I stared up at the ceiling and my face broke into a grin. Alex still had the glow in the dark stars on her ceiling that we put up that same summer. She had painted some cheesy saying about how each star was a dream or a wish. I didn't really get into it. I turned my attention back to her.

"Out? Like on a date?"

"Yeah."

"Jeff, that's really sweet of you, but I don't really want to go out in public right now."

"Why?"

"Well, I'm having my last chemo treatment tomorrow, and I am kind of tired."

"Oh. Okay." I was kind of bummed that I wouldn't get to take Alex out, but then I had a great idea. It would take some quick errands, but I could totally pull it off. "How about tomorrow then?"

"Bud, I don't want you to see me right after chemo. I look gross, and really pathetic." Alex looked so down when she uttered these words. I wanted to do something to cheer her up, but I knew that it would have to wait until tomorrow. For my great idea.

"I'm sure you don't." Alex just shook her head at me, telling me I was so very wrong. She stretched her arms above her head, grimacing.

"What's wrong?" I was concerned.

"Nothing, my neck and back just hurt. I hate this damn cancer, it makes me feel like I am freakin 80, instead of 17." Alex frowned. I stood up and came up behind her. "What are you doing?"

"Giving you a massage. Duh." I placed my hands on her shoulders and began kneading. She moaned slightly, her tense muscles giving slightly under my hands.

"Oh-- okay." She sighed breathily. I massaged her shoulders and then her neck. Then I ventured a little bit lower to her back. When I got to her lower back Alex gasped quietly. Then she got a little smirk on her face.

"Oh my god. That is the spot. You know you have magic hands."

"Magic hands, huh?" I grinned at her back.

"Yupp, but I think they'd work a little better if this shirt wasn't in the way." With that she put her hands on top of mine and moved them underneath the bottom of her shirt. Now I was the one that was breathless. I brushed my thumbs across her beautiful hips. Her skin was so smooth and so cold. It was at that moment I realized she was shivering. I reluctantly pulled her shirt back down, knowing it would be better for her to be warm.

"What the hell are you doing that for?" Alex's puzzled face turned around to meet my eyes. "Don't you want me?"

"Of course I do!" I stammerd. "I just thought you should be as warm as possible." She got a devious look on her face. Oh god. I had no way of knowing what that look meant.

"Well then why don't you warm me up, Jeffy?" She laced her fingers through mine slowly, I just stared at our entwined fingers, enraptured. I was totally thrown off guard when she pulled me down on the bed half on top of her. I grinned down at her. How did I get so lucky?

"Well I guess if you insist..." I found myself tickling my way down her stomach. Then I had a better idea. I started kissing her, starting at her forehead and proceeding downwards until I reached the bottom of my shirt. I grabbed it with my teeth and slowly pulled it above her head. She giggled at me, then, without warning, reached out and unbuttoned by oxford with surprising speed before she tore it off me. She ran her fingers over my chest and down over my stomach. She laughed again.

"Who knew Jeffy would have a six pack?" She teased.

"Who knew Alex actually had boobs?" I countered. She scowled at me a second before breaking into hysterics. We both laughed again and continued kissing. God, she was tasted amazing, like strawberries. And she smelled like summer. We didn't get any farther that night, but I didn't care. With Alex it never was about the sex or any of that stuff. It was definitely deeper than that. It was that night that I began to fathom what me and Alex could be together. It was that night that I realized the full depth of the loss I would be experiencing in the future. Alex was a lot to me: friend, buddy, and now-- a love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed the chappie. It was so happy for awhile, then there had to be the whole loss thing at the end, damnit. Anways, on a sillier note... Do you know what Jeff's idea will be? In the next chapter will there be:

-gum?

-noodles?

-a crazy blue haired lady?

.... I don't know. Guess you'll have to read to find out!

xoxo Lyss