A Short Forever (Chapter 6)

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't uploaded in forever (no pun intended)! I have many excuses, among them sports, SAT, AP studying, and school in general. I've also been having an extremely bad case of writer's block. I haven't been able to write for awhile. I hope you enjoyed the kiss in Ch. 5, I thought it was pretty adorable myself. Well, try to enjoy this new chappie (: Love you all!

-swimmerswim2000

------------------------Jeff----------------------------------------

We were sitting inside doing homework and I was desperately trying to get some food into Alex. "Hey dork, eat some food," I said sticking my tongue out at her.

"I don't wanna," Alex shot back. "I kind of want to work on our song for the competition, can we?"

"Absolutely." I grinned at her as we made our way downstairs to the music basement. I grabbed my guitar and she sat down at the piano. Alex started jamming to Cold Play's "The Scientist". She sang along with the notes, her enchanting voice dancing with the piano notes. I put my guitar down and just watched her in awe.

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry

You don't know how lovely you are

I had to find you, tell you I need you

Tell you I set you apart

Tell me your secrets and ask me your questions

Oh, let's go back to the start

Running in circles, coming up tails

Heads on a science apart

Nobody said it was easy

It's such a shame for us to part

Nobody said it was easy

No one ever said it would be this hard

Oh, take me back to the start

I was just guessing at numbers and figures

Pulling the puzzles apart

Questions of science, science and progress

Do not speak as loud as my heart

But tell me you love me, come back and haunt me

Oh and I rush to the start

Running in circles, chasing our tails

Coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy

Oh, it's such a shame for us to part

Nobody said it was easy

No one ever said it would be so hard

I'm going back to the start

That's when she started crying. "Alex! What's wrong?!" I rushed to her side and held her as she cried.

"Jeff, I'm not ready to die. I don't think I ever will be!" Oh God. This was the moment I was waiting for; the moment where she realized that everything wasn't fine and dandy; the moment she finally broke down. If only I knew what to do. I didn't, so I just pulled her onto my lap and cradled her in my arms. "There's just so much I still need to do." Then I broke down.

"Oh my God. I can't do this. This can't be happening. I need you." I started crying too. For awhile we just sat there, hugging each other; holding each other up, trying to chase away the darkness. Alex looked up into my face and starting wiping away my tears. I reached a hand over to her beautiful face and did the same. I hated seeing her like this. It hurt me deeper than any personal sorrow ever could.

"Baby, it's going to be okay." She sniffled, trying to be strong. For me. "I hope." She added with a faded whisper as thin as a wind dancing through dry grass.

"Yeah." I lied through my tears. I lied for her, and I lied for me. We needed to believe this lie, at least for a little while longer. "Everything is going to be okay."

"Alright. I'm done with this. I can't cry anymore or I'll have to eat a carton of ice cream to raise my happiness levels to somewhere slightly above severe depression." She chuckled half heartedly.

"Let's play some more music." I suggested.

"Alright." She stood and kissed me on the cheek before sitting down at the piano again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry this is a little short. I'm working on a longer chappie for 7. (: Have a great week! <33 you all.