Chapter Thirteen- "Watch It Fall..."

Start from the beginning

            “Well it’s fine with me. But it’s up to Justin.”

Justin’s Point Of View

             Fuck. This was not going as planned. I needed to tell her. I was supposed to tell her tonight but now Carina wants us all to go on a double date? What the hell. What do I do now? I saw Sophia look at me, waiting for my response.

            “Um, I mean…” I glanced around the room, trying to think this through. I mean I guess I could tell her after the date… no. That’d be a complete asshole move. Maybe I could just tell her tomorrow. I mean I wouldn’t mind one more day with Sophia, I really wouldn’t.

            “Yeah we could. That sounds like fun.” I smiled at Carina and grabbed Sophia’s hand. Man, I was gonna miss this.

            “Great! I’m gonna go call Ben!” Carina practically sprinted up the steps, racing to her phone.

            “This is going to be so much fun!” Sophia’s eyes met with mine. “I know this probably isn’t what you expected to do but it’ll be fun, I promise.” She leaned up to kiss my lips. Shit, I could die for those kisses.

            “No, babe it’s gonna be fun. Doing anything with you is fun.”

            It was the complete truth. As long as I was with Sophia I didn’t give a shit what we were doing or where we were. She made everything enjoyable. I saw her smile and turn away from me to look at Carina who was walking slowly back down the steps.

            “Carina, what’s wrong?” Sophia gave her a confused look.

            “Nothing really,” Carina started to say. “It’s just that Ben really didn’t want to go to dinner tonight. I mean, he seemed fine until I brought up Justin?” she glanced over at me, unsure of what was going on.

            “Well maybe he’s just weirded out that he’ll be having dinner with Justin Bieber. I mean you never know Carina. Don’t jump to any conclusions.”

            I stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say. I mean, I’m used to people not liking me so I didn’t really give a shit because they were just haters. But this was Sophia’s best friends boyfriend. If he didn’t like me, would that make Sophia not like me? I rubbed my palms on my jeans to try and get the sweat off. Suddenly, I was starting to get extremely nervous.

            “Carina seriously you just need to calm down.” Sophia put her hand on Carina’s shoulder. “Ben loves you so much. You just had an amazing vacation in France. Do you really think he’d be starting to change the way he feels about you just because of a double date? You’re going to be Mrs. Holden in no time.”

            My whole body froze. Ben Holden? Fuck fuck fuck fuck this can’t be happening. Ben Holden as in Tiffany Holden’s brother? Shit. No wonder he didn’t want to have dinner with me. Oh my god Sophia was going to find out. Oh my god this asshole’s going to tell her. My whole life is about to crumble right in front of my eyes and I can’t do anything about it.

 I glanced nervously around the room, trying to figure out what to do. There’s no way I could tell her right in front of Carina because that’d embarrass her too much. What the fuck am I going to do?

            “I know you’re probably right…” Carina laughed and shook her head. “He’s probably just nervous. He’s on his way over now.”