Original: Chapter 5 - Answer me now!

Начните с самого начала

My McKenzie enters the office and nods at me in acknowledgement so I reply "Good morning sir, would you like a coffee?"

"Please" Mr McKenzie answered and I made my way to the staff room to make his coffee.

I returned with the coffee hoping I was back quicker than yesterday, placed it on the desk and went back to work. Lunch rolled around quickly and as I was just about to take a break to eat Mr McKenzie called me into his office

"Please take a seat Sophia" He gestured just like when he interviewed me, instead this time using manners "Are you packed for you're move yet?"

"Not quite, I only have a few more things to pack like my clothes and kitchen equipment" I replied, looking anywhere but at him because this was making me feel awkward.

"Ok well I will pick you up at 7pm for the move, I can also help with the final packing if needed" Was Mr McKenzie really offering to help me? I would have thought that he would have got his driver or one of his staff to show me.

"Thank you Sir, I really appreciate everything you have done for me so far" I answered and stood up.

"You can take the rest of the day off and finish packing" Mr McKenzie announced, I offered to finish cleaning but he insisted I leave so he wouldn't be kept waiting, apparently that is something he really hates. Once again I thanked him and made my way home. I ate my sandwich I had made this morning and began packing everything I owned, it wasn't that much but it got me through life. Once I had finished I had 20 boxes total including all of my bowls and dinner plates my grandma handed down to me in her will when she died.

There was a knock on the door and I opened it. Noah stood there staring at me. I glanced over at the clock, it was only 6:45.

"Are we going to stand here all day or can I come in?" Noah joked and grinned. Why is he so different away from work.

"Oh yes" I said moving aside so that he could come into the apartment. Noah walked past me and glanced around the apartment, snorting lightly at the small living space.

"Is there anything else to pack" Noah asked turning towards me.

"No I don't think so, I just finished all the boxes are in my bedroom" I said and walked towards my room and he followed behind.

I took one last look around my room and wrote a note which I stuck on the fridge to let Jasmine know that I have already moved out. I will ring her in the morning to see if she needs help packing her stuff. Noah came walking back into the room to collect another box to take down to his car.

I padded over to one of the boxes to pick it up, but I was suddenly grabbed by the wrists and pinned against the wall by my bedroom door. Noah was standing over me with both of my hands at either sides of my head and his forehead was on mine. He was looking into my eyes and his breathing was short but frequent. Was my boss going to kiss me?

Finally Noah said "Am I expected to carry all of these boxes myself?" and with that he let me go, turned around picked up the box I was about to carry. He glanced at me over his shoulder as he left the room and grinned.

I couldn't move, I felt paralysed, still standing against the wall I caught my breath before reaching for another box and making my way to Noah's car. I have to, for the sake of my job act like that intimate moment we almost shared had no effect on me.

"That's the last of them" Noah said coming back up the stairs to my soon to be ex-apartment.

"Thank you for the help Mr McKenzie I really appreciate it" I said and received a glare from the pair of eyes staring at me from the doorway

"...Noah" He finally said huffing then turned on his heel and walked out the front door.

I locked up the apartment and made my way to the boss' apartment, I slid the keys into the letter box. That's it now I officially am homeless.

I began to tear up as we drove further from the apartment and Noah handed me his handkerchief from his suit pocket, and I giggled at his formality, earning a small smile from him.

We reached a large apartment block in what looked like the richest part of the whole city. Noah clicked a button on the side of his keys which I'm guessing was a remote, and a garage door opened which he pulled into.

There were so many cars in this underground garage, and they all looked extremely expensive.

Noah and I got out of the car, picked up a few boxes  and waited at the elevator to go up. Once we were inside I saw that Noah had clicked the button to the top floor. I can't believe I will be living in a penthouse! For a little while at least.

I could barely contain my excitement, the higher we climbed the more excited I got. 

ding

 The elevator door opened and Noah typed in a code telling me it as well and we went inside.

It was beautiful, standing from the door I could tell that this apartment was 4 times the size of mine at least! It was like a mansion just high up amongst the clouds. Straight in front of the door there was a slight hallway which led to the main seating area with a tv, pool table and so many sofas. To the left was the kitchen, it was placed on flooring a little above the rest of the floor so you had to step up, which is a cool feature used to break up the room a little. There was a island in the middle and two sides with counters, cupboards and a stove. I definitely will enjoy cooking here. There were some doors around the place which I presumed was the bedrooms.

"Noah this place is amazing" I whispered because I couldn't vocalise any speech properly as I was so blown away.

"It better be, I like to feel like I spend my money efficiently, everything serves a purpose," Noah gestured for me to follow him and I did so. We walked down the hall, he pushed open the door to reveal a large bedroom "This is the room you will be staying in."

"Thank you so much Noah," I squealed and hugged him tightly, causing him to stiffen. No Sophia what are you doing, he is your boss! My subconscious snarled at me. I shuffled backwards embarrassed at my actions, but was immediately pulled back by his strong arms.

"You are most welcome," He replied while hugging me even tighter for a couple more seconds. When Noah left the room to call someone to bring up my boxes- he insisted that we both needed our rest- I collapsed onto my bed and covered my face with my arm. What a day...